March 28, 2024, 11:36:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Ableton_Live_Template's HowTo.pdf File is Obsolete+Confusing ! Help Please?  (Read 2837 times)

SparkInduction

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello there. I tried to post this earlier but I had too many errors in my information. This is perfected:

SPARK_ABLETON_LIVE_TEMPLATE
How are we Arturia Customers to install it, ignoring the included, outdated HowTo.pdf steps/screenshots? MIDI Control Center [Unified] ver 1.2.2.429 has an all-new GUI, needing a new HowTo.pdf !

HowTo.pdf file inside  Spark_Ableton_Live_template download (19-March-2014) is of no relationship to the newly designed GUI for the MIDI Control Center v1.2.2 build 429 -- the latter is new version of the default host application for import of the Spark_Ableton_Live_Template.

Now, since MIDI Control Center application (found in the Mac Application folder) is the default host program for opening and Importing the Ableton Live Template, the lack of accurate, up-to-date instructions for proper installation (and also verification that the Live_Template file Import to MIDI Control Center 1.2.2.429 was a success) -- is painfully disarming for us customers.

One additional, important note: Even the Owners Manual for MIDI Control Center version 1.2.2.429 is quite unhelpful in regard to resolving the above installation enigma, because Section 7.1 (top of page 9) which is supposed to explain MANAGEMENT OF TEMPLATES does not provide a single detailed example of how to Import a template file into MIDI Control Center 1.2.2.429 leaving the Customer scratching their head.

Therefore,
1) How do we Arturia Customers Install the aforementioned template file into the newest version of the MIDI Control Center 1.2.2 build 429?
2) How do we Customers then, verify that the import into MIDI Control Center was Successful? Someone let us know?

Please post the HowTo separately, so it is conspicuous. A YouTube Video on it would be impressive too. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

End of short version.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Highly Detailed version
Note: MIDI_Control_Center.pkg 1.2.2 build 429 is actually a compressed package; once downloaded, and double-clicked on my Mac (I'm using OS X 10.11.13 ) it is then unpacked, and inside is an easy-to-follow installation routine txt places MIDI Control Center in the Applications folder on the Mac.

Note: the Spark_Ableton_Live_Template 19-March-2014  once downloaded is presented as a folder, containing 3 very small files:

factory.smc (apparently an old executable file (10-March_2011) which by default, is programmed to be opened by MIDI Control Center application, found in the Mac's Application folder; but when I attempt to do so, I see no on-screen evidence my attempt to open it worked! No visual confirmation is given at all ;-(

HowTo.pdf (a portable document format instructional document from 2011 that's so old, it should not have been included because its instructions are erroneous and its screenshots are wrong -- because, the host application: MIDI Control Center 1.2.2.429 has been rewritten, with a brand new GUI (graphical user interface) which this HowTo.pdf does not at all relate to because the .pdf instructions and screen shots within it, relate to an old version of MIDI Control Center from several years ago.

Live_template.als (an Ableton Live Set file, which when all is done, should somehow be sitting inside the MIDI Control Center GUI, under DEFAULT TEMPLATES, I'd imagine)

Therefore,
1) How do we Arturia Customers Install the aforementioned template file into the newest version of the MIDI Control Center 1.2.2 build 429?
2) How do we Customers then, verify that the import into MIDI Control Center was Successful? Someone let us know? Thank you in advance!

www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals for the NEWEST version of the host application: MIDI_Control_Center_version_1.2.2.429.pkg (which ought to be usable as the host application for opening and importing the Ableton_Live_Template both of which are downloadable under one of Spark Drum Machines sections

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines