March 28, 2024, 01:54:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniLab knobs are not working in Analog Lab AU  (Read 15017 times)

hashachar

MiniLab knobs are not working in Analog Lab AU
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:04:59 am »
Hi There,
I am working on Logic X 10.2.2 with the latest version of Analog Lab. For some reason the knobs are not reacting when I working with the Analog Lab Audio Unit (in standalone mode or as an independent controller it works fine). I tried to delete the control surface and let Logic recognise it again but it does not solve the problem.
Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Yair

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: MiniLab knobs are not working in Analog Lab AU
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:18:37 am »
are you sure the MiniLab is in the right mode? the knobs have to be in relative mode, not absolute mode, for it to work with Analog Lab (i use the VST, not AU) ... even as a VST, Analog Lab requires the MiniLab to be in relative mode.
by default, relative mode is gotten to by pressing Shift then Pad 2 ... check your MIDI Control Center settings for you MiniLab
hope that helps :)
This space left intentionally blank.

hashachar

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 04:06:35 pm »
Thanks for the response!
Yes, I double checked and it is in relative mode. The strange thing is that Logic do get CC messages from MiniLab, only Analog Lab AU does not respond. By the way, the Mod and the PitchBend works just fine, only the knobs.
Any other idea folks?

Thanks

mmairs

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:39:23 am »
Me 3!

VST

so sad  :'(

GJO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 10:32:19 pm »
Thanks for the response!
Yes, I double checked and it is in relative mode. The strange thing is that Logic do get CC messages from MiniLab, only Analog Lab AU does not respond. By the way, the Mod and the PitchBend works just fine, only the knobs.
Any other idea folks?

Thanks

be sure to remove all zone parameters from Minilab in Logic's midi Learn window! whenever

abironman

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 10:56:26 pm »
I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE ISSUE FOR ME , BUT I M TRYNG TO CONTACT SOMEONE TO GET ME OUT OF THIS , Y BOUGHT A NEW PC AND USE MY MINILAB  HOW CAN I MIGRATE THE INSTALLER SO I CAN USE IT

DOES SUPPORT HAVE A TELEPHONE NUMBER?
WHERES IS MY UNBLCOK CODE? APPEARENTLY I NEED IT JUSTO FOR ASK A QUESTION TO ARTURIA SUPORT... PLEASE GET MY OUT OF THIS

REGARDS

nxtwrld@gmail.com

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 10:18:41 am »
Shift + Pad 1 / Analog Lab fixed it for me

Yanzico56

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 07:48:03 am »
It's the controls themselves that aren't workingMoto X3M I had the same issue using User Mode with the Logic soft synths.

Eric Buist

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 10:08:00 pm »
So what? Then what's the solution? RMA again??? Why are all devices now defective? This is just tons and tons and tons of trouble for no reason! This should work out of the box.

I have similar issue, with Ableton Live 11.

But if the buttons were faulty, they would not work, at all, even with Analog Lab standalone. This is most likely because the controller sends non-MIDI signals through the USB bus that only Analog Lab is able to understand, similar to what ROLI did with the Lightpad. This is a very bad mistake that seems to be repeated again, again and again. This can be as bad as requiring to wait for the next MAJOR release of your DAW to get this sorted out. I really hate to be pissed off and sold fake products. This is NOT a MIDI controller if it requires extra non-MIDI signals. I cannot find any pure MIDI controller without USB to be extra sure things will always go through straight MIDI, no non-MIDI cheating to be fancy.

I know it could work standalone without the DAW, but that allows no recording of music. This results into this device being just a toy for kids. It needs to integrate with CURRENT DAW, not DAWs for next year! I imagine some people had success with some DAWs and others are just left over.

A possible workaround that I don't want to use but could be of some interest: a two-computer setup where one machine would run Analog Lab standalone, send audio to a small interface, and a second PC with the DAW, and another audio interface to get the signal. I continue thinking there has to be a better way, transferring audio through Ethernet, but Dante made a proprietary protocol with artificial requirement of having Dante hardware in the network, while Gigabit Ethernet could without problems transfer audio through the network.

There are also third party virtual audio cables that could help avoid the two-computer setup, while using Analog Lab standalone and the DAW in another process, but they are not compatible with ASIO, and some DAWs like Live cannot interact with more than one audio interface, so I cannot use ASIO for the main interface and add a track using virtual audio cable as input.

I'm thinking about putting this controller away, waiting for next Ableton Live release. Very disappointed.

Simonj

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2023, 01:04:17 pm »
I had the same problem in Pigments.

Went to settings / MIDI and selected MiniLab 3 from the dropdown List of MidiControllers and it worked immediately.

Simon Jones

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2023, 07:06:32 pm »
Also works on AnalogLab V

Click the settings gear then midi, then MIDI controller.

I had to do a firmware upgrade through MIDI control centre.

Works perfectly

Simon

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines