April 20, 2024, 03:55:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to Export Spark2 KIT to .spk  (Read 4071 times)

fotizimo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to Export Spark2 KIT to .spk
« on: March 22, 2016, 01:06:55 pm »
Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to export a kit as a .spk file, and was hoping someone here might know. I have been trying to research this, and have looked through the guide as well as here, and just can't seem to figure it out. At this point, when I try to export, all I seem to get is the midi files in the .spk file, but not the kit itself.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: How to Export Spark2 KIT to .spk
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 02:39:21 am »
Hello,

I have been trying to figure out how to export a kit as a .spk file, and was hoping someone here might know. I have been trying to research this, and have looked through the guide as well as here, and just can't seem to figure it out. At this point, when I try to export, all I seem to get is the midi files in the .spk file, but not the kit itself.

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I just tested it out, starting with a new, blank project. Then loading the first 8 pads up with a few sounds pretty much at random.
So there's no patterns here, and only the first 8 pads have sounds on them.
I exported as .spk .. WITHOUT first saving the project.
Closed Spark. Re-started Spark. Opened a factory project to clear out what I'd previously done. Then I, again, made a new, blank project. I imported the kit I had just exported (remember, I had NOT saved this kit, except to export it to .spk). Then I went to the Library > Kits and loaded the test kit I'd just made.
It came in just fine, with all 8 instruments, and no patterns. No MIDI.

Could you describe what you're doing to make your kit and export it as .spk?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:41:18 am by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: How to Export Spark2 KIT to .spk
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 02:26:02 pm »
What I'm trying to figure out is why NOT saving the kit is important in this process?  I too have been having export/import issues and would like to know more. ???

After exporting the kit did you then save it?
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines