March 29, 2024, 05:35:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Exchanging kits/projects between ispark and spark2  (Read 4723 times)

fotizimo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Exchanging kits/projects between ispark and spark2
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:03:58 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to create entire projects and kits within spark2, and export those into ispark? I tried doing this by exporting a project in Spark2 as a .spk file, and then renamed this to .ispk and copied it to iSpark through iTunes file sharing. When i open this in iSpark, I could import and play the project, but I could not hear any audio. I am assuming the kit was not copied through the .spk file, so I am wondering if it is possible to move entire kits and projects back and further between iSpark and Spark2?

Any advice would be appreciated.

padbury

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • You can twist perceptions. Reality won't budge.
Re: Exchanging kits/projects between ispark and spark2
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:11:46 am »
I want to exchange projects and kits between spark 2 and iSpark as well.

Anyone know how?
Prophet-Modular-Mini-Jupiter-CS80-ARP2600-Spark-Wurlitzer-SEM
M-Audio Venom 49 key Synth&Vyzex editor
"The Player" 25 key keyboard
Alesis SR18beatbox
SoundBITEmicro
TraktorAudio2
Live9-Sibelius7
M-Audio MobilePre A2DInterface
MOTU micro MIDI & ClockWorks
Alienware M11x Core i7 1.5GHz-8GB RAM-Win7x64

unnerholm@hotmail.com

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 11:25:33 am »
This feature to exchange kits and copy over projects from desktop/hardware version and over to ipad was the reason I bought the app..  Can a moderator maybe update us on if/when this is possible?

fotizimo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 11:06:33 am »
I have to admit I bought a SparkLE because it came with Spark2 and the user manual for iSpark stated you could import/export projects and kits. I bought into the idea, because i liked the whole "ecosystem" mentality of desktop application that worked with hardware, and that could, if even manually, sync to a model device and back again.

It is weird a both iSpark and Spark2 have import and export capabilities.

oopsi

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 08:15:10 am »
Gburks has explained it very well in this thread if you have not seen it already. Try and follow along and see how you get on. Make sure to back up any ispark projects before moving on .

It is important to copy the Spark library folder via the iTunes file exchange. I tend to make a folder called Spark library and copy on my desktop and then copy my desktop project files into this. Make sure your desktop project folders contain audio not just the .dat or the .spk.

http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87003.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines