March 29, 2024, 11:11:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Roller Touch/Latch not working properly  (Read 1195 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Roller Touch/Latch not working properly
« on: May 10, 2016, 01:02:56 am »
I'm using the Spark CDM.
I don't know quite when this happened, as I'm pretty sure this used to work correctly.
Now, when I enter Roller mode, it doesn't matter if I have Touch or Latch mode on, the pad ALWAYS rolls. If I do the "Select + Roller" to switch from Touch to Latch or back, then the roller no longer works at all. This also seems to be the case in the software alone, without the hardware controller. (correction, see below)
In Touch mode, it should roll when, and only when, I put my finger on the X/Y pad, then hit one or more instrument pads.
I SWEAR it used to work like this. I don't know when it changed, because frankly I don't use roller mode very often. It was only recently I started experimenting with it more for entering instruments into a pattern.
HELP! Please.

.. let me guess. re-install the software  ::)

EDIT:
I experimented more to confirm all this, after re-booting.
What ACTUALLY happens is this:
When I first go into Roller mode, regardless if it's in Latch or Touch mode, any pad I hit will roll.
If I then use the hardware to switch from Latch to Touch mode, it no longer rolls at all, regardless if my finger is on the X-Y pad or not. If I then use the hardware to switch to Latch mode, it works as it should; remember which subdivision I chose, then rolling the instruments I play even when not in Roller mode. .. Rather useful, obviously.
However, Touch mode does not work.
If I use the software to switch between Touch and Latch mode, it doesn't matter which one it's in; it rolls whether my finger is on the pad or not. The difference is that in Latch mode, it continues to roll when I switch out of roller mode.
SO! In short, basically, selecting Latch Touch mode via the hardware no longer works. Selecting Latch mode via the software somewhat works, in that it does indeed roll (and only while in Roller mode) BUT it rolls at all times, regardless if my finger is on the X-Y pad or not.

I hope this is clear.

System:
Win 7 Pro 64-bit, AMD FX6500, Nvidia GTX560 Ti, 16 gigs RAM, internal motherboard sound, using Reaper as my DAW (but this is in standalone AND in DAW)
I think that's all the relevant info.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:44:06 am by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines