March 28, 2024, 10:15:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE incompatible with Logic Pro X  (Read 1877 times)

timjackson142

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SparkLE incompatible with Logic Pro X
« on: March 17, 2016, 12:53:29 am »
Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some advise.

I have been a long time Ableton Live 9 user and have had SparKLE working within Ableton as a plugin without problems. I have a Mac Mini running Mavericks with quad core processing and 16 gig of RAM. Recently I purchased Logic Pro X because I wanted something simple for tracking audio. I installed Logic in the usual way and it looked OK at first however after a while logic started to crash regularly. It would crash within about 5 minutes even if I did not do anything. I called Apple support for Logic and spoke to a very helpful guy who ran through the crash report and could not find anything in it that was specific to Logic. He then turned his attention to the plugins that I have which Logic scans when it first initialises. He directed me to the Library-Audio-plugins-components directory (I think thats the location) and got me to copy all the plugins our of there into a different directory and reload logic. This time logic worked flawlessly. We then looked at Logics plugin verification screen and noticed that Arturia SparkLE and Novations Ultranova Plugin are listed as incompatible with Logic. Now according to both Arturia and Novation these plugins are supposed to be compatible with Mavericks and Logic Pro X. I then moved each of the plugins back into the components folder one by one, each time relaunching Logic, with the exception of Arturia's SparkLE and Novations Ultranova. Again logic worked flawlessly thus indicating that these plugins were to blame. I could live without these plugins in Logic but I need them in Ableton and because the components is a directory shared by both DAWs if I remove them from the directory they won't work in either DAW.

Does anyone have any experience working with SparkLE or UltraNova plugins for that make in Logic? Is there any way to install the plugin for Ableton but not Logic?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Cheer
Tim

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: SparkLE incompatible with Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:28:22 pm »
In Logic X i have had less crashes when the Spark controller was connected.
In Live / Preferences / File Folder you can set a custom plugin folder, this way you can take the spark plugin out of your default plugin folder and use it solely in Live.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:22:51 am by Monsta »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines