March 28, 2024, 10:56:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KEYLAB and REASON 9.5  (Read 7495 times)

samuelschoemaecker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
KEYLAB and REASON 9.5
« on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:09 pm »
Hi Guys,

What's happening with the Keylab and Reason 9.5 ?

I bought the Keylab 49 with in mind the integration of Reason.
It appears that the midi integration is non-existant, shall I sell off my Keylab and try another MIDI controller ?

I am trying to set-up the Keylab so I have Minfilter V on Memory 2, and try to recall it but it never works whatever way I try.
I feel there are a lot of issues untreated with Keylab / Analog Lab and Reason...
The instruction manual is not helpful at all and online tutorial help is the same unhelpful, but more non-existant.

It is getting very frustrating and I feel I should change controller as it is not made for Reason....

Even when I use Keylab and Analog Lab on Ableton Live, I turn 1 knob and 2 unrelated parameter change at the same time...

Please help.

Kind regards, Samuel

Please help.

LBH

Re: KEYLAB and REASON 9.5
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:24:28 pm »
Hi,

I don't know. But you can find Codecs for Keylab controllers on Arturias download page here https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals under extra ressources for the controller. Perhaps that's needed.
I assume You can read about how to set things up in Reasons manual, and perhaps there are some info in Arturias codec download too.
You can read about Reason Remote here https://www.propellerheads.se/support/user/reason/remote/ and you can see Arturia is on the list.

Hope this helps.

samuelschoemaecker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:54:58 pm »
Hi,

I have the codec installed. No it hasn't help.
Please help.

icampbell2

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 04:48:40 am »
I did these steps:

...which does nothing. So, my questions are:

• What is "KeyLab 49 Codec for Reason", and how/why do you use it?
  • Is it possible to record the output of Arturia Analog Lab 2 in Reason?
  • Is it possible to record the output of Arturia Analog Lab 2 in any DAW?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:50:25 am by icampbell2 »

samuelschoemaecker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 12:46:43 pm »
DO WE GET BLANKED HERE BY ARTURIA ?

I can't believe this is happening.
The Moog Filter makes Reason Crash.
There is no integration in Reason for AnalogLab.

I am part of REason community and have already mentioned how we can't trust Arturia for Reason.

To all people fond of Reason, don't buy Arturia products !
No customer service / No help / No update...

I want my money back !

Boehmrunner

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 10:43:31 pm »
I have never not had a response from Arturia’s support. They’ve been excellent to work with.

emphatic

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 02:52:05 pm »
Hey,

I've just (more or less) finished my Keylab 25 remote mapping file for Reason. I'm running Reason 10.2, but it should work for reason 9 etc too. I've only mapped the sliders and knobs, as getting the buttons to work was hit or miss unfortunately. I only own the Keylab 25, but I hope that the mapping is similar enough so you can just change the name of the file to work with your controller.

You place the linked file into this directory in Windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Arturia\

In the latest version of Reason, after you've put this file in the right place with a name that's matching your specific Keylab model, just delete your current control surface configuration in Reason, then click on "Auto-detect surfaces" and it should be found and get the green check mark. If you're not using a Keylab 25 and it's not working, then you may need to edit it yourself.

If you have a soft synth, VST effect or Reason Extension that's not included in my attached file, you can add them yourself using the below formula.
Note: You have to use TAB, not space while formatting it, or Reason will show you an error which line is faulty. There are no spaces between Map and category for example, but a TAB. Or else...

Code: [Select]

// (Here you can enter a CLEAN NAME OF REASON INSTRUMENT, VST SOFT SYNTH OR EFFECT. The "//" means it won't be read as code by the application but as a comment.

Scope manufacturer and name of instrument or effect that have to get by exporting the data from reason

Map category
Map preset
Map volume

// Bank 1 knobs

Map cut
Map reso
Map lforate
Map lfoamt
Map chorus

Map param1
Map param2
Map param3