March 29, 2024, 01:32:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anything available other than synths?  (Read 1698 times)

Scubadog2008

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Anything available other than synths?
« on: February 27, 2016, 07:20:19 pm »
At the moment I use an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 as a controller for my Roland XV-2020.  Love the combination & the fact that I have 9 banks of 17 presets I can configure to immediately call up sounds from my XV-2020.  Sadly, the Keystation is on its lastlegs and I've decided to go with the Arturia Keylab 88 as the replacement. It doesn't look like I'll have nearly the access to my 2020 with it that I have with the M-Audio, but I was hoping the Analog Lab virtual instruments would help make up for that.  But in examining the software, it appears that all it has is vintage synths and nothing modern.  Certainly, I can't find any GM standard instruments, which I use a lot in combination with various more modern sounds.  Is there an alternative software to the Analog Lab that will provide what I'm looking for?  Or, is there something that Arturia provides that does this that I'm not seeing in their product line?

Scubadog2008

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Anything available other than synths?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 03:47:07 am »
Not a peep.  That's disappointing.  I just really have no use of 99% of the virtual sounds that came with this.  The process of installing the various pieces of software, libraries, licenses, registration, activation took over 3 hours.  And for that pain I have a nice looking device, but it does nothing for me.  So far, I've not figured out (yes, I'm reading the manual) how to simply turn the thing into a straight up controller for my XV-2020.  With my old M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 I could store 9 banks of 17 presets to instantly switch my XV-2020 to those patches.  Since I have no use for AudioLab's sounds, I need to just dumb the Keylab down to send instant patch change requests to the XV-2020.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines