April 25, 2024, 11:56:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: For Improved Customer Experience, Which Arturia "Install Instruction" Needs Revision+How?  (Read 1475 times)

SparkInduction

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Greetings all! Help Arturia, by providing clear, carefully-written feedback on which Arturia "SOFTWARE" INSTALL INSTRUCTION HowTo.pdf you believe need to be improved or updated for a better Customer Experience.

Here are the rules:
1. SOFTWARE Installation Routines ONLY please, Which OS type and Version Number did you encounter acute Arturia software installation trouble, which you believe was caused by how the Instructions were presented? What are your computer system's RAM amount and any other system specs you can provide?

2.  Carefully identify precisely which Arturia SOFTWARE Filename and Version Number do you feel needs a tweak in its supplied HowTo.pdf or Instruction notes?

3. If applicable, what is the full, proper name of the Arturia product (software or hardware) you have, that's directly associated with the file you experienced difficulty installing?

4. Use the format which best help describe the problem with the installation routine's Instructions:
A) Screenshots are confusing or in need of refinement/updating? If so, please explain.
B) Steps presented, failed to mention or clarify an important detail, for successful file installation on the first attempt? If so, please explain.
C) Presentation or HowTo.pdf does not accurately reflect what actually occurs when the directions are followed? Please explain.

5. What solution for improved Customer Experience for this file's successful installation do you have?
6. Any additional, helpful, SUMMARY thought you'd like to add? Please be brief.
~~~~

I'll start with one!

1. I am using an iMac (late 2013) with 24GB RAM, running OSX 10.11.13
2. My issue is with the file called Spark_Ableton_Live_Template (14 Mar 2011)
Downloadable from the Arturia Website. I and I suspect many Customers cannot install it.
3. I own the Spark Creative Drum Machine, and have been attempting to set it up for easy Ableton Live 9 interoperability.
4. I feel the installation routine presented in the HowTo.pdf that is packaged with the Spark_Ableton_Live_Template
fails to guide the customer through to the end of the installation of this file, and there is no provided text and/or visual aid that shows how customer can verify the Installation Successful; and if not, what step(s) Customer missed.
5. The aforementioned file, in my opinion, ought to have included in the root of its package, an HowTo.pdf or similar info file, that is up to date, and relates to the newst, redesigned version of the Arturia application: MIDI Control Center which is ver. 1.2.2.429 (Nov. 11 2015)

The proposed, newly-written .pdf should inform the Customer early, what the installation of that Ableton Live Template file will entail., with a screenshot of what the file(s) look like, that will need to be unpacked (if applicable) and then, tell the end user exactly what to do next, each step of the way.
6. The trouble, in summary, is that the end user ought not to experience the frustration of guessing what his next step should be, but rather, be prompted each step of the way. Such prompts are totally missing, as far as I can tell, and Customer Support twice, did not Email me a clear instruction for Ableton Live Template's installation using the new MIDI Control Center ver.1.2.2.429 application (residing in my Mac's Application folder).

Until we see an updated HowTo.pdf included with Spark_Ableton_Live_template (Mar 2011), would someone -- anyone -- post a screenshot of the latest MIDI Control Center 1.2.2.429 GUI (graphical user interface) opened up, showing the left-hand panel where your Live_template.als file should shows up (and explain how you installed it there?)

Thank you!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:14:49 am by SparkInduction »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines