March 29, 2024, 12:13:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: problem in cubase using spark with my midi controller keybboard  (Read 1641 times)

roaringwave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
problem in cubase using spark with my midi controller keybboard
« on: February 19, 2016, 04:31:10 am »
Using spark 2 software with my midi controller keyboard. I can't seem get spark to play pattern or songs in cubase (sync). I always have play the song or pattern live and record. What am I doing wrong?

oopsi

Re: problem in cubase using spark with my midi controller keybboard
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 07:27:07 am »
If you are running as vst/au make sure the HOST button is lit. 

roaringwave

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 01:35:28 pm »
My host is on. But I figured it out. the bug is that spark wont sync right unless it (gui) is in the background. Meaning, that if you have spark showing on your daw's gui, it wont sync properly. So all you have to do is minimize spark so it doesn't show and it will sync And spp like it is supposed to. Yeah it is a bug in the software but, I figured out my own way to eradicate it! Now I can finally render my spark song data to audio and add other tracks. I don't use the spark controller, because my 88 key midi controller allows me to do everything I need to and more. In the future, I hope that the arturia team can fix this issue, which has been going on since spark made its debut. I made killer beats on spark but, I stopped using it because of that sync issue. I figure if I solved this issue on my own, how come the arturia team couldn't do it.  BTW, this issue was with cubase. But, it may apply to other daws also. Now, I will try to control the fx pad to record too. I will get back to you guys and give you the results of the next experiment. I really like spark, it is a great software. The hardware is cool too, especially for live performance. But I am using my main controller, which has more than enough knobs and faders to control all of my vst's. And now with that sync problem solved, Spark will be one of my favorite tools to compose with outside of my piano, guitars and my drum set. When it comes to electronic music making Spark will be my weapon of choice now. It is just too fast and so easy to make a song with when it comes to virtual (electronic) music. Tomorrow, I am gonna show everyone how to correctly record spark's fx pad to your saw the 'right' way. To me, one must write their song 'completely' on spark before using it inside of their daw of choice. Render the tracks. This way you will be able to add more vst's or live instrumentation. Personally, I don't bother with the midi copying pattern to daw style. I just don't bother with it because, like I said, make sure that you have completely and thoroughly finished your song on spark before using it as a vst inside of your daw, then render it using separate outputs. Using my method as described, will finally thrust spark into the limelight on par with NI machine or mpc rennasiance, possibly surpassing them. Stay tuned for my next trick laterr on, or tomorrow.

SparkInduction

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »
Haha! Nice, exceedingly informative post -- only you're teasing us, coming so close to providing the Make and Model of your snazzy 88-key, weighted keyboard (controller), Matey.

OK, now, have at it: let us in on what it is.? 😍

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines