March 28, 2024, 12:06:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2016 and Spark 3? New Updates?  (Read 2113 times)

deanfreud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Mono Monk
2016 and Spark 3? New Updates?
« on: February 09, 2016, 12:28:40 pm »
Arturia is very busy with new products, this is good!

But, Spark has a lot of potential for new things and it seems that nothing is happening right now!?

What do you think?

Re: 2016 and Spark 3? New Updates?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 08:03:41 pm »
With this last few updates, Spark2 is mostly bug-free on my end, after a tough 2.0 start the previous year.  I'm glad they added in things like select tempo for swing adjustment that the forum users suggested. The only other thing I'd like is a hardware tap tempo shortcut on the LE controller. Fix the remaining few bugs and it's smooth sailing. I can't really think of anything else that would make spark better realistically.

masi

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:38:43 pm »
There is always room for improvement.

Not that I'm unhappy with Spark right now. I think there are few spots where the UI could be improved, but no deal breakers. *

Masi

* Most annoying for me is the fact that I cannot copy a bar from a pattern. It's not that funny to make 2 bar pattern 4 bars long especially because it means you have to constantly switch between pages. Sudden flash of inspiration: I could use a screenshot to avoid the switching. But still, copy the automation is a PITA.

sparki

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:50:33 pm »
when i created a 16 step beat and want to extend it to 64 steps, then i just hit shift and the steps selector (the double arows showing left and right under the stepsequencer) and it autimaticaly copys the whole 16 step beat to the other 48 steps. im on Spark CDM btw...
a nice feature for future version would be a sampler to live record other hardware or vocals or whatever, so you can just work with the spark 2 software and nothing else. sure VST support would be freakin awesome, but im sure this will never happen ^^

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:13:36 am »

* Most annoying for me is the fact that I cannot copy a bar from a pattern. It's not that funny to make 2 bar pattern 4 bars long especially because it means you have to constantly switch between pages. Sudden flash of inspiration: I could use a screenshot to avoid the switching. But still, copy the automation is a PITA.

Copy and Paste has been asked for in a future update, seems a logical thing to want really, given what else is possible

Thanks, Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7