March 28, 2024, 05:52:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Guide on Saving Projects, Presets, Sequences..?  (Read 1994 times)

Davey Moor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Guide on Saving Projects, Presets, Sequences..?
« on: February 07, 2016, 07:37:39 pm »
I'm a newbie to drum programming (and this forum obviously, so hope it's in right place) and cannot get my head around how you save in Spark 2.2.0 (I'm using a SparkLE and Windows 10)
I have worked on patterns all day and haven't not been able to save changes as I've gone on - though did one initial save, which is all I can find when reopening Spark.  Is there a guide to doing this?
When I hit 'Save', I get options for 'Save As'.  When I hit 'Save As', I get options for 'Save As'. What's the difference?
Giving up now, upset and feeling very stupid.
D

Monsta

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Guide on Saving Projects, Presets, Sequences..?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 03:58:54 pm »
No need to feel stupid mate we all get stuck sometimes.
When you hit "SAVE" on a factory preset it will give you a "Save Preset As" option so you dont overwrite the factory preset.
It will add a number to the end of the name of the preset i.e "80's Studio Drums_1"
Rename the "Bank" to User or whatever name you want,
then after you hit "OK" your saved project will be in this newly created Bank in the LIBRARY.

Now everytime you save, use the drop down menu in "Bank" to save to your desired user bank.
Hope that makes sense

Davey Moor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 04:26:06 pm »
Many thanks Monsta - gonna try that later.  Does make a lot more sense to me just reading it, and the pictures were very helpful.

Much appreciated.

;D

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:59:42 pm »
Spark can be a bit confusing with how it defines terminology it uses:

Kit : just a set of 16 instruments on pads
Project: sequence (saved patterns) and kit information, as well as whatever automation is applied (you can change kit without changing project, but you can't change the project without changing kit)

Factory projects are protected by overwriting, as you have noticed. I usually make my own subfolder for a factory project with my own patterns and some tweaks, so I know it's a altered factory set. How you organize it is up to you.

Davey Moor

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 11:44:35 pm »
Thank a mill 019297!  That does make more sense now.

Monsta - that was just the ticket.  I am (literally) saved!

;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines