March 28, 2024, 05:14:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What about BFD and the other drum libraries? Do they work with Spark?  (Read 1875 times)

damnedcat777

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Noise noise noise.
Found out that the Alesis D4 downloaded I found here in this forum works GREAT with my Spark.  My question now is: what about all the OTHER drum libraries out there?  like BFD, and the others?  Can I buy them on CD then load them to the Spark (now Spark 2)?  Or should I just stick to the art Expansion packs?  Speaking of which, when is Arty going to do a Rock Drums Expansion Pack?  Or how bout Punk Rock Drums, you could start with all the drum kit sounds from the 1st couple of Elvis Costello LPs.  Then some Cheap trick (1st 5 LPs).  Some HARD power pop, guys!

Yes?  no?  Go 'F' myself?  Doesn't matter, I LOVE my Arturia stuff (MiniBrute, Spark & Spark 2, KeyLab 25, V Collection).  You keep making 'em and I'll keep buying 'em!!!
"Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words"

vaikl

Re: What about BFD and the other drum libraries? Do they work with Spark?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:23:23 pm »
Can I buy them on CD then load them to the Spark (now Spark 2)?

If you wanna spend $349 and much more for the additional libraries, and if you know a way to convert .bfdlac-files into simple, readable audio format - go on;-) The Alesis D4 wave files were a third-party converting project with 18MB data, the BFD3 core library holds over 40 GB...

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What about BFD and the other drum libraries? Do they work with Spark?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 12:18:25 pm »
IMHO, being a long time user of BFD2 and many other drum VSTs, drum machines, real drum kits..... i can see nothing to gain by purchasing something like BFD and loading the samples into Spark.... BFD is designed to emulate a live drum kit in a studio environment and does a fantastic job of what it was intended for... but Spark is a drum machine emulator, again it does a fantastic job doing what it was designed for but it doesn't have the subtitles required to get anything like the best out of those samples... it's completely pointless!

I'm just working on (just for fun) covering a couple of Chaka Khan numbers, i feel for you and ain't nobody both of which have drum machines and live drums on them, i feel for you has the DMX and ain't nobody was done with an LM1 which spark does BRILLIANTLY!!!!!!! But there's no way on earth it could do the 'live' drums.... it can't handle the room, ambient mics, the multiple articulations... sparks onboard sequencer doesn't have song position pointer.... (C'mon Arturia this should have been in from day one!!!!!).. most DAWs will have a drum editor much more suited to dealing with 'live' drum programming as you can slip edit notes slightly out of time to humanise your groove etc.....

If you just want the sounds to do 'drum machine' type programming then there are heaps of sample libraries out there probably more suited to that kind of application...

hope that's of some help!  :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines