March 28, 2024, 04:40:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro - Play button over MIDI  (Read 15600 times)

zanscath

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep Pro - Play button over MIDI
« on: February 03, 2016, 10:27:39 pm »
I just got a Mother 32 that really likes my Beatstep Pro... except for one minor detail:

When I use the Beatstep Pro over MIDI pressing the play button also starts the Sequencer. I don't want that. I want the MIDI Start/Stop to be transmitted over USB MIDI to Ableton Live, but not to the Mother. Any way of that happening without going full CV?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Beatstep Pro - Play button over MIDI
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:37:36 am »
Hey Zanscath,

You lucky devil, I'd love to get a Mother 32, but my car is needs a new engine :(
What is running your midi timing, your BSP or other?  If it's other, you may be able to change the BSP to only send MMC messages from the transport controls with some success.  In MCC, set the transport buttons to only use MMC and try that out.

Good Luck,
MarkD
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

zanscath

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:32:58 am »
Thanks for the quick answer. Yeah, BSP is internally synched and I couldn't find the settings for the transport buttons anywhere (turns out because small monitor resolution at the moment). This will help!

meeeearcus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 06:02:13 am »
Thanks for the quick answer. Yeah, BSP is internally synched and I couldn't find the settings for the transport buttons anywhere (turns out because small monitor resolution at the moment). This will help!

Any luck? I'm facing the same issue. Turning off transport in MCC didn't seem to work. Actually most gear I interface with that has a built in sequencer seems to receive the midi start when I hit play. First day with the BSP so forgive me if I'm missing something glaring.

Edit: I was able to get around this with midi filtering through my interface. I also put in a support request, I'll update here if I get anything useful back.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:03:57 am by meeeearcus »

br202

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 10:21:18 am »
In the midi control center you can configure the transport section  of the bsp.
Read the manual at page 85 (for the english version) and you'll see how to configure it.
Hope it will help you

meeeearcus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:41:08 pm »
In the midi control center you can configure the transport section  of the bsp.
Read the manual at page 85 (for the english version) and you'll see how to configure it.
Hope it will help you

Thanks. I've read the manual and tried exactly this and transport still sends. I can see it in my midi monitor still. I'll try to pull some screenshots later.

WALdmuSIK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2016, 11:43:22 pm »
Have any of you figured this one out? I'm having the same problem. I've tried calling Moog, writing to Arturia (twice), and reaching out to my local synth shop where I bought the Mother-32. I've tried adjusting the tempo outs/midi channels on the Mother-32 and tried the whole MIDI-MCC route on the BSP MCC but I can't seem to get it to work out. Everytime I play a sequence on the BSP it triggers the sequencer on the Mother-32. This doesn't happen when I go through CV. I'm new to the whole midi controller world, longtime guitar player/effect addict, so any new directions or help would be awesome.

meeeearcus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 11:59:34 pm »
Have any of you figured this one out? I'm having the same problem. I've tried calling Moog, writing to Arturia (twice), and reaching out to my local synth shop where I bought the Mother-32. I've tried adjusting the tempo outs/midi channels on the Mother-32 and tried the whole MIDI-MCC route on the BSP MCC but I can't seem to get it to work out. Everytime I play a sequence on the BSP it triggers the sequencer on the Mother-32. This doesn't happen when I go through CV. I'm new to the whole midi controller world, longtime guitar player/effect addict, so any new directions or help would be awesome.

I've got a ticket open with Arturia and they say they are trying to replicate the issue. That was back on June 22nd.  ???

WALdmuSIK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 12:41:10 am »
I've got a ticket open with Arturia and they say they are trying to replicate the issue. That was back on June 22nd.  ???

My fingers are crossed!!

WALdmuSIK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 01:03:51 am »
I posted a video of the problem on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8owz8eKAk

I'm going to forward that onto Arturia and see what they think. 8)

dog01

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 02:43:28 pm »
well in the video i might have miss it but i not see you sending any of the changes you made in MCC to the beat step pro in which the BSP would just stay in its default setting i don't mean to be ass and i am sure you already know but due to the MCC manual talking about sync etc people wrongly think any change made in MCC goes straight to the the device this is not the case.  you need to select store to and either working memory or a project eg project 1  then the midi changes get pasted on to the device

also sometimes the controller maps get a little screwy and you may need to try saving on a new project or overriding an old controller map if something get locked

i will test it out on my BSP and a midi monitor to see if i can change the midi signals sent from the transport buttons   

that all help i can offer wish the best of luck

Regards Dog01   

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 02:58:18 pm »
Hi all, Ok i have had a look into this today and can say the mcc transport controls work only on usb midi and not midi din for some reason . This may have not been picked up in testing as most machines with midi have a way to turn off midi sync . but i cannot find a way to do this on the mother32.
I will speak to the team and see if a fix can be done and will report back.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

WALdmuSIK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2016, 04:17:05 am »
Thanks Terrym!

meeeearcus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 05:05:12 pm »
Sorry for the delay.

The test team has sucessfully reproduced your issue.

This bug is now logged and will be analysed by our Dev team.

Thanks for your feedback.

Just received this email! Hooray! Movement!

WALdmuSIK

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 01:12:12 am »
Awesome! Today I coincidentally received this email from Arturia

-> I watched your video and investigated on your issue.
We found a bug, the transports can't be turned off.
The bug is now logged and confirmed.
It will be fixed in the forthcoming Beatstep Pro / MCC update.

In the meantime as a workaround, have you tried to empty the Moog M32 sequencer ?
I did that with Volca at home once, as I was too lazy take a computer and deactivate the transport, I deleted the sequence on the Volca's sequencer.
The sequencer started, but didn't interfere as it was empty.
(Maybe I should have use the MCC, I would have found the bug earlier.)

I'm crossing my fingers on the BSP update. Hopefully they'll release that soon.

Has anybody had luck with the blank sequence? I have definitely initialized/cleared the sequencer on the Mother and had no luck.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines