April 26, 2024, 01:00:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Matrix 4 assignable mod destinations = simply genious!  (Read 2045 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
The Matrix 4 assignable mod destinations = simply genious!
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:54:29 am »
The possibility of having those additional 4 assignable mod destinations is mind blowing including how it's implemented both UX and UI wise, like the e-ink display just above the respective matrix group and how quick and easy it is to set those custom destinations.

Also the very good use of the Matrix on those 3 modes for the Presets and Sequencer and having that extra seq track for modulation.

All extremely well done! :)

To be perfectly honest, really, my only very minor negative comment up until now that I may have from what I've seen (NAMM videos, page info and photos) is the weird visual contrast between the traditional Brute knob/fader caps and those new bigger metal(white?)-top rotaries used in the Master Filter Cutoff and the Mod Amount. I do like both knob types but those 2 don't seem to mix visually since those are so different in form/texture and color.

...but, what matters on a beast like this is how it sounds :D ...and how easy it is to control it and that seems to be well taken care of.

exiannyc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: The Matrix 4 assignable mod destinations = simply genious!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 09:21:10 pm »
I agree with Koshdukai that the matrix design with its 3 different uses and the 4 assignable destinations is fantastic.  Finally, a real hardware analog modular where you can work on a patch, save it, put it away, work on something else, then go back to the first patch and work on it some more.  That is a brilliant design.

I have a request/suggestion/question.  There will be a computer-based patch librarian, right?  Could that software be used to make all 16 modulation matrix destinations fully assignable if the user wants to do that?  I realize not everyone will want this, but for me a large part of the appeal of a modular design is having as much flexibility as possible. 

I also realize that if I defined all 16 destinations I would probably have to print out the mod destinations on a narrow piece of paper and put it across the top of the mod matrix.  Or write them on a piece of masking tape.  I do not expect you to add a screen to capture that (maybe in a future deluxe model?) [g]

I understand and Greatly admire the strong choices that have been made with the Matrixbrute to have No Menus, no menu diving, one function per knob, that's beautiful, I love it.  That's why I am wondering if the patch librarian on the computer could allow this free assignment of all 16 modulation destinations for users who want it.

Just a humble request/suggestion from someone who owns the Modular V vst, a keylab, the analog lab, and a Spark.  You guys put so much careful thought and innovation into your products.  I am really excited about the Matrixbrute.  It really looks like an amazing step forward.  Thank you.

Christian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines