April 20, 2024, 09:39:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Custom Drum Mappings Per Project  (Read 2084 times)

gavinrh49

Custom Drum Mappings Per Project
« on: January 15, 2016, 05:22:21 pm »
Hi everyone,

I've tried searching through the forums and contacting technical support, however, can not seem to get this issue resolved.  One of the main reasons for getting the Beatstep Pro was to sequence my various drum machines (rz1, 505, dr 660, Korg ddd1) in the 707/909/808 style.  Now each of these machines obviously has its own set of parameters for which drum sound corresponds to which midi note.  My thought was that under different projects, I could have custom mappings for each machine but from what I can tell, this does not seem to really be a possibility. 

Customer support told me that it is in fact possible.  They said, "Save you different templates for each drum machine, it will be stored in the section called PROJECT BROWSER. Then store to / drag & drop your parameters on each project.Each parameters will be recalled with it's respective project."

In order to change the drum mapping in midi control center, you go to device settings, scroll down, and then change the notes.  However, this is a GLOBAL setting which will be the same for every project no matter what correct? In the middle, there is also the controller map where you can highlight a pad and change the note number.  That would seem to me for the 2 sequencers and not the drum section. 

If this is not possible, what is a workaround some of you have found?  I believe some of these machines allow you to customize the midi note number, so possibly I could leave the global setting as chromatic and see if I can change the notes on the machine rather than on the beatstep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:28:24 pm by gavinrh49 »

danielwolk

Re: Custom Drum Mappings Per Project
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 09:11:18 pm »
gavinrh49 - I have this same problem. It's really frustrate if You work with ipad and different drums machines  >:(
I can't understand why it's no option to change it / configure for each project / program

Midimoose

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:55:47 pm »
I've got an sp505 and there's a whole other problem I've got it hooked up to a BSP and I can play it through it but I can only manage to trigger the samples in preset bank 1, even if I change the bank on the 505 it still plays the samples from preset bank 1.
I think the solution is in control change messages to change banks but I haven't been able to figure it out

Karlchen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »
Have features of the BSP changed in the meantime, so a drummap is stored with the user project? Should actually be a key feature of such a product, no?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines