April 16, 2024, 10:08:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Control software Spark 2 with KeyLab 49?  (Read 4515 times)

laban77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Control software Spark 2 with KeyLab 49?
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:31:03 am »
I would like to use the pads on my KeyLab 49 to play drums in the Spark 2 software. How do I set this up? Can someone please help me?

I read somewhere that you need to create a preset in the MIDI Control Center, and map the pads to chanels 60 and up. Can someone explain what kind of MIDI control message I should choose? As you might have picked up I'm kind of new to fiddling with MIDI.

Also, in the Spark 2 software there are many settings in the preferences that could be set. Can someone tell me what I need to change there?

Thanks.

laban77

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Control software Spark 2 with KeyLab 49?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 12:18:47 am »
If anyone else wonders, this worked for me:

In Spark 2, setup, select KeyLab 49 both as MIDI output and input, just input alone is not enough. This made the drums playable from the keyboard.

To make use of the pads you must first map them by learning. Ctrl-click a virtual pad in Spark 2, select learn and then press a pad on the keyboard.

That's it.

frankken

Re: Control software Spark 2 with KeyLab 49?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:21:14 am »
thanks for your information, but I have a doubt , when I close spark 2 and open it again , the configuration of the pad of KEYLAB is not saved . every time I open the spark I have to assign the pad again. You know how to solve this? Thanks again and excuse my English.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines