March 29, 2024, 02:27:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Error code -1 was returned by the Core Audio driver  (Read 8490 times)

John_Greythorne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Error code -1 was returned by the Core Audio driver
« on: February 02, 2005, 09:26:21 pm »
ARP2600 V refuses to work correctly in Logic Pro 6.4.3; it won't appear in the graphical (editor) view.  The error message in the subject appears and the ARP will only work in controls view.

The ARP works fine in Logic Pro 7.0.1 which is installed on the same machine, and it also works as a stand-alone program.

I am using Mac OS X 10.3.7 and an M-Audio Delta 410.  I can use the ARP on LP 7, but 7's as buggy as hell at the moment, so I'd rather have it working on LP 6.4.3.

Has anyone else had this problem with any of Arturia's plug-ins?  I seem to remember something similar in the past, but I can't find anything on the forums.  I've sent in a support request too; if I get any help that way, I'll report here.

f.massara

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 01:27:27 pm »
I can't help with that version of Logic, but I'd tell you to use L7 if you have it.
It's true that it has some bugs, but I think it could worth the efforts, especially if you work with virtual instruments (since now they're made to work especially having L7 in mind). Anyway I'm sure the guys at support will help you.

John_Greythorne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 11:04:36 pm »
OK, I got it sorted with the help of Nicolas from Arturia.  I had to delete all the ARP plug-in files (from all the /Library/Audio/Plug-ins folders), delete all the Logic cache files (in ~/Library/Caches), then re-install the ARP and now it works in both Logic 6 and 7.

poursuivant

arp 2600
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 07:24:40 pm »
hi john,

the same error occurs when i boot the arp in logic 6.4
but i can't find any logic files under Mac HD/Library/Caches.
how do they look like?

regards,

chris

John_Greythorne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 09:26:18 pm »
Hi Chris.

If there are no "Emagic" or "Logic" folders in the "Caches" folder, try deleting the folders from your user folder's cache folder ~/Library/Caches.

If that fails to correct the problem, I'd get in touch with Arturia's tech support.  Nicolas is knowledgeable and will probably be able to give you one or two pointers.

Nicolas

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 08:59:00 am »
Hello,

There was a problem in the AU plugin of the ARP.
Try to get the new AU plugins (see link below) and replace the 2 plugins located in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ by the new ones.

http://ftp://ftp2.arturia.com/forum/arp_au_update.dmg

Regards,
Nicolas
ARTURIA

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines