March 28, 2024, 07:00:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: double-click for default not working  (Read 5360 times)

masi

double-click for default not working
« on: January 03, 2016, 08:50:12 pm »
Hi!

The manual says that double clicking an OSC knob will reset it to the default (no detuning). I read it to use the left button. But that doesn't work. Double clicking with the left button works the same as single click. Only when I use the right button something happens. In this case the coarse tuning is reset, but not the fine tuning. Which means I have to fiddle endlessly with the mouse to get back to in-tune.

Masi

PS: Things were better if the knob would react slower to mouse movements while holding the shift key.

LBH

Re: double-click for default not working
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 03:26:52 am »
Hi!

The manual says that double clicking an OSC knob will reset it to the default (no detuning). I read it to use the left button. But that doesn't work. Double clicking with the left button works the same as single click. Only when I use the right button something happens. In this case the coarse tuning is reset, but not the fine tuning. Which means I have to fiddle endlessly with the mouse to get back to in-tune.

Masi

PS: Things were better if the knob would react slower to mouse movements while holding the shift key.

For me all volume knobs reset to 0 db, and all the tuning knobs reset to 0 including the fine tuning in the OSC tuning knobs, when i double click.
Off coarse the value can change if you move the mouse while you have clicked down.
Actually it don't seem to matter if i'm using left or right mousebuttons. Even a click on each do the same no matter the order.

In generel for all synths etc.., i think i would be nice if it also was possible to reset all single parameters to the value saved with the preset, and if there was a total reset button to reset to the saved preset values for all parameters, in a way that can be done fast live or by automation just like a single tweek of a single parameter and without selecting the preset again. I suggest this is being created for all synths etc.

I second your PS suggestion.

masi

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 11:13:49 am »
Odd. I checked if standalone vs VST makes a difference, but no. Doesn't work on my machine.

The fast preset-reset is a good idea.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 01:59:06 am »
Yes. That's odd. I use windows 10.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:44 am »

Just in case. Remember you also allready can use rightclick to make finer settings.

Epee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 10:59:05 am »
Rightclick is much nicer to use for fine settings.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines