April 27, 2024, 01:01:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep does only send on other channels  (Read 2677 times)

lfo2k

• Apprentice
Beatstep does only send on other channels
« on: January 03, 2016, 01:45:28 pm »
Hey :) i have got the beatstep with the problem that it only whants to send on midi channel1.
I need it on channel 2.
I did change it to channel 2 in this midi control center, and also on the device itself via the "chan" button and the proper channel pad. When i press "chan" button on the beatstep i can also see that channel 2 is aktive.

Neverless it send still on channel 1, as all my devices only response on channel 1 to the beatstep.

Any one a clue?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Beatstep does only send on other channels
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:09:52 pm »
Hi try setting all midi on the mcc to global . then if you change channel the sequencer and control midi will follow the channel you set on the beastep.
Heres a template below.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

lfo2k

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:28:16 pm »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah mate, you did bring up something good :D
I indeed need to change the Sequencer channel. I did only set a global channel. But i dont get why the beatstep forgets this sequencer channel is set, when i turn it off. Why the beatstop does not store this?
Is there a way to store it permanent, without opening this stupid MCC every time? I whant to use this with my modular system just to jam without PC. In that case i always would have to first turn my pc on, and configure the beatstep with the MCC. I dont get the point :)

Greets :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:41:19 pm by lfo2k »

DRiVER_helsinki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 11:46:46 am »
My new bought beatstep  also does not save channels,  nor send channell data other than channel 1.  >:(   :(
Midi monitor softwares shows this too.

i'd hate to return this to the shop - We wish for a bug fix !
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:14:39 am by DRiVER_helsinki »

jasonwann

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:03:56 pm »
Return it mate. You will never see a fix or update. I bought mine the day it came out. It still does not keep time, it loses sync when you change note divisions, the Spark2 LE has been buggy for years, Arturia simply doesn’t fix products once they’re out with the exception of the BeatStep Pro which is also still buggy. I’d suggest finding alternatives. I’ve paid thousands for various products and *all* of my Arturia stuff has some bug or another and customer support is virtually nonexistent.

DRiVER_helsinki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 11:17:57 am »
buggy Arturias are unfinished fidelity on soundside too.
 Trusting Novation
Returned it to shop yee.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines