March 28, 2024, 12:11:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia V Collection NKS issue with Komplete Kontrol  (Read 4759 times)

Melchiador

Arturia V Collection NKS issue with Komplete Kontrol
« on: December 17, 2015, 01:48:29 pm »
Hello there,

I've just added a KK S61 to my collection, and soon after I installed the new hardware, I started having problems with my Arturia V collection plugins when using Komplete Kontrol.

I tested them first in standalone mode, and everything was working great. When I tried them in Cubase 8.5, with KK loaded as a VST, everything worked at first, but then I reopened the KK instance, just to find that all the Arturia plugins images disappeared from the instruments tab in KK.
The plugins were listed, but the image was blank, just to be clear.
 When I try to load one preset, the following error message is displayed: "This file might be corrupt or not directly compatible. KONTAKT and BATTERY monoliths, as well as certain REAKTOR ensembles, can only be loaded via the Edit View."

When I used standalone mode again, the plugins are just gone, and a rescan doesn't help.
If I close KK and reopen it, the software will finally scan these as new plugins and add them to the Instruments tab... until they disappear again.
I think the problem starts each time I want to use Komplete Kontrol in my DAW. But the issue then happens both in standalone and VST mode...

Oddly enough, everything works fine with Maschine, even though I've selected the same exact locations for my plugins and libraries...
I also removed the location for my 32bit VSTs, but that didn't help.

Can anyone help me sort this out ?

Melchiador

Re: Arturia V Collection NKS issue with Komplete Kontrol
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »
OK, I think I got this to work now. Hope it will keep on working.
In case someone else comes across this problem, here's what I did, which is basically everything I could think of:

- Uninstalled all Arturia plugins and restarted.
- Uninstalled Komplete Kontrol and Komplete Kontrol driver and restarted.
- Cleaned Windows registry and restarted.
- Reinstalled Komplete Kontrol and restarted.
- Reinstalled Komplete Kontrol driver, manually updated the firmware (I'm not sure it's automatic) and restarted.
- Reinstalled Arturia Collection V plugins and restarted. (did not install VST 32 plugins)
- Ran each Arturia plugin as standalone.
- Ran Komplete Kontrol standalone and tried out each Arturia plugin as NKS.
- Then launched Cubase multiple times to try things out, and everything looks OK for now :)

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines