March 28, 2024, 10:10:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 black edition - unresponsive keys right out of the box  (Read 2275 times)

jonas42

Keylab 61 black edition - unresponsive keys right out of the box
« on: December 18, 2015, 02:47:45 am »
Hello everybody! My name is Jonas and I'm from Brazil. Recently I have bought a Arturia Keylab Black Edition from Eletrolegal, a oficial local dealer from Arturia in my country. I truly felt in love with this controller! beautiful design, great knobs, faders, pads, amazing software and also the keys quite impressed me considering the high amount of haters over this keyboard keybed. It actually felt them to be more "semi-weighted"  than I was expecting and I really loved the feel although they do seem a little bit loose indeed.

However I noticed there's a serious problem on 2 of its keys right out of the box, to be more precise those keys are the highest F# and the second highest E flat. These keys seems to have a significantly different velocity response, mainly when playing slow piano legato with them. They simply don't send any message when playing a more slow legato while all the other keys have a perfect and consistent feel to them, even when playing slow legato, I don't know exactly but it feels like I need to hold these keys a lot deeper to achieve a similar response to all the other keys. It's really a shame that happened and at this point I'm almost 100% sure it's not a software problem since I've tested it on many different applications and this problem kept occurring. I'd like to know if there's any possibilities Arturia's warranty help me to solve this problem, maybe sending me a new keybed or changing my keyboard.

I'm waiting for any answer, hope you guys understand my problem and help me solving it. Thank you very much and see you soon o/

Dav1d

Re: Keylab 61 black edition - unresponsive keys right out of the box
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:49:38 am »
Hello,

mmmm, I really think this issue is related to the hardware, the best is to exchange the keybed.

You should contact the support.

We will take care of you ASAP.

:)

Brock42

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 10:54:00 am »
I have this exact same issue. several F# and C# keys just as OP described out of box.

jonnyra

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 06:55:18 pm »
I have same problem on my new KeyLab 49...just arrived yesterday. Several of the black keys do not respond properly. Brand new out of the box. Thats just lame.  ???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines