April 26, 2024, 02:16:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A Few Issues and Improvements  (Read 1303 times)

calvinsomething

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
A Few Issues and Improvements
« on: December 06, 2015, 03:22:43 am »
The Beatstep Pro is great, but here are a couple things that I imagine could be implemented in firmware in order of importance:

1. Optimize the sensitivity of the pads so you can reasonably play a low velocity note without carefully nudging the corner OR allow the user to adjust the sensitivity themselves.

2. After a pattern is transposed, holding a step button and pressing a pad (to record a note) should record the note that you press and not automatically be transposed (as it is now) which creates confusion and unpredictability. (I think the BSP "remembers" the original pattern as well as the fact that it has been transposed--I don't see why this is necessary, transposing should just change the pattern.)

3. Hopefully this is possible: Make pads for Drum section and Control Mode assignable to MIDI Channels, rather than just CC. (So you can use pads to play a Volca Sample for example.)

4. In addition to a "Last Step" function, also being able to assign a "First Step" which would rearrange the pattern.

5. This one is probably wishful thinking, but a selection function to adjust parameters of multiple steps would be great: Hold shift, hold a step, press another step = the step buttons pressed as well as those in between will all be selected, let go of the step buttons, turn knob 1 and pitch/velo/gate/shift will all be affected for each of the selected steps (absolute or relative option in MIDI Control Center?) let go of shift and back to normal.

1 and 2 really should be addressed, the other 3 would be awesome though.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines