March 28, 2024, 12:52:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] saving chained patterns  (Read 15443 times)

Bifop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: saving chained patterns
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 04:34:19 pm »
+1 for pattern chain save feature !

Filterseducer, what I find Strange is to see people who have sent back their BeatStepPro keeping on trolling a forum as a hobby....

Filterseducer

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 05:04:45 pm »

Filterseducer, what I find Strange is to see people who have sent back their BeatStepPro keeping on trolling a forum as a hobby....

Ah!, so in order to post on a forum you have to own the related product. You are Strange (in caps, as you like buddy)

Bifop

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 07:16:42 pm »
Not Strange, just trying to find what your motivation is. Is it out of disappointment ? A user forum is for prospective buyers or users.
If you stick here, is it because you want to see where it is heading before buying one again ?

For sure it's weird to release a product as unfinished as BSP was on launch.
Sure we are betatesters. Sure my BSP nearly finished in the bin a couple months ago...
I was so pissed off too about the bugginess of the BSP !!
But I can tell you that the latest FW is much more satisfactory. Less bugs and more features to chew.

Maybe it is time for you to get another one (or a buddy that has one) to test and see why people say thank you now.... ;-)

Filterseducer

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 08:08:11 pm »
Not Strange, just trying to find what your motivation is.

Well, if you would have asked me that question clearly instead of calling me a troll (love this new kinda words + online language) maybe i'd have gave you an answer. The rest of your post is about statements that you think are right. My buddys usually have good gear, i'll ask them is they got a BsP.
Play good music.

JRo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 12:46:21 am »
+1 saving chained patterns. Essential - I'm wondering why it wouldn't be top of the to-do list?!

RSP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 08:41:29 am »
+1 for chain saving.

Also, when improvising it would be really useful to be able to link all of the sequencers to a single chain, rather than always having to build them separately for each sequencer (having PRST LINK still work when playing back a chain of sequences seems like the simplest way).

RichMakeGame

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 08:59:00 am »
In defense of arturia chaining is a complete 'freebie extra' not mentioned anywhere in original manual or marketing. They have to balance ease of use with functionality, and we're already seeing functions/button combos that you'll need to remember or write down because theyre beyond the original design spec.

if chains are savable, you're probably then going to want a way to manually change and edit patterns without erasing the whole chain, so you need a new way to erase chains, and also turn chaining on and off so you can loop one pattern to edit it without playing the entire song. Then there might be requests for a way to edit chains..

All these features are bound to end up on un-intuitive forgettable button combos and slowly erode the clean ease of use originally intended.

RichMakeGame

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 09:01:47 am »
@RSP - you don't have to build them seperately, you can shift-select multiple sequencers to apply the chain to

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 03:03:13 pm »
.......testing.......

RSP

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 12:02:37 am »
@RSP - you don't have to build them seperately, you can shift-select multiple sequencers to apply the chain to

Awesome, thanks, that's great to hear.  That wasn't clear from the video demo or changelog and I hadn't had a chance to sit alone with it much since upgrading, I've only used it at practices since then so trying the new features was kind of haphazard.

Really happy with the latest firmware, other than the step one gate bug I described earlier it seems really solid and the new features are well implemented.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:04:37 am by RSP »

Oeconomo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 11:56:14 pm »
Arturia Thank you for the updates! But yes, you should make it possible to save chains! thanks

Groakes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 07:14:58 am »
+1 on saving pattern chains!

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 12:34:51 pm »
-1 or if you add this feature please add an option to turn it off completely.

Don't want Song Mode. I am Song Mode.
I understand your point Steinberger, so a choice to save a project with or without pattern chained, is the best option for us all. Some of us  need an arrangement playing in the background, to focus on our live performances. That could be another instrument or as a vocalist.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2016, 03:17:08 am »
Or use a regular linear sequencer (like the ones in every daw and workstation synth) to record your chains and play them back using it, freeing your BSP for you to create more inspired, spontaneous patterns to chain.
Multitrack sequencers from the 80's and 90's are easy to find second hand and cheap, if you need one to create songs from your patterns.  I'd recommend the Kawai Q80.  Very easy to program, nothing too complex.  They go for under $150us, they are tough and have decent sized on-board memory and can record and sequence upto 32 tracks.  You will need 3.5" floppies though.  And be careful not to loop midi info into, out of, then back into it for over 5min while it is recording.  Not good to do that to it.

Don't want Song Mode. I am Song Mode.

Word.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

jocksbeat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 03:08:44 pm »
ok, I re-bumb this thread. Why aren't Arturia interested in a simple option to save a pattern chain in a project? :( Yes, I'd love to see a song arranger in Midi control center, but I'd be content with saving pattern chains in projects.
But if it's caused by some hardware limitation, then please let us know  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines