March 29, 2024, 10:53:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The quality of the keybed are not so good  (Read 2521 times)

eclipse0119

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The quality of the keybed are not so good
« on: November 17, 2015, 01:58:05 pm »
I'm a big fan of Arturia, I have already dig in very deep into this machine.
It even has a breath controller input which is an big big major reason I pick this controller as my main controller.

However, the quality of the keys & keybed are not so good in my opinion, they are not stable, sometimes my keys will "stick" to the keybed if I haven't play for like 3~4 days.

I've already own it for almost 2 years, until now, 2 keys have already broken, still playable, but very uncomfortable.

I don't think a controller which cost around US$ 500~600 should end up like this...just sayin.

(BTW, I have never bring it out of my working space)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:00:41 pm by eclipse0119 »

Amalgamoth

Re: The quality of the keybed are not so good
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 10:13:38 pm »
Oh yeah, I recognise that. Had that with my Keylab25. The weights beneath the keys were just attached by means of glue. Do you see blobs of glue beneath the keys?
Anyway, the only way to get this fixed is to go to the store where you bought it and let them send it to an Arturia retailer/service center and have them replace the keybed. That is...if you still have the warranty valid. I urge you not to open the instrument. Don't take out the screws unless you don't mind un-validating your warranty.
The problem with sending the instrument to a service center is it will take a few months to see it back. It will take that long, that's my experience.
There have been posts from others about a DIY remedy for a broken key. But it will a: Break your warranty, and b: Not guarantee that this issue will occur again with other keys.
Bring it back and hope they'll replace the old glue-type keybed for a newer type that is different and more durable.

Ian Kennington 1821

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 03:14:04 am »
totally agree these things are beautiful garbage. Two days in and one popped key. I took it apart and glued the small peg that holds the key in place with 2 part epoxy. The part that holds the keys down is flimsy plastic. in my crappy edirol keyboard these pegs are even metal. This keyboard is a waste of money. I have had nothing but problems with it in logic as well dropping controller messages and generally being unreliable. I spend more time trying to fix issues than playing it.

eclipse0119

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 04:18:59 am »
Oh yeah, I recognise that. Had that with my Keylab25. The weights beneath the keys were just attached by means of glue. Do you see blobs of glue beneath the keys?
Anyway, the only way to get this fixed is to go to the store where you bought it and let them send it to an Arturia retailer/service center and have them replace the keybed. That is...if you still have the warranty valid. I urge you not to open the instrument. Don't take out the screws unless you don't mind un-validating your warranty.
The problem with sending the instrument to a service center is it will take a few months to see it back. It will take that long, that's my experience.
There have been posts from others about a DIY remedy for a broken key. But it will a: Break your warranty, and b: Not guarantee that this issue will occur again with other keys.
Bring it back and hope they'll replace the old glue-type keybed for a newer type that is different and more durable.

Many thanks for your advise !
However I'm located in far east, I guess it'll take more than few months to send my keyboard back to service center to replace the keybed, and also the cost will be very high. Also I think my warranty has already expired, due to I've already purchased for about 2 years.
Well, guess I'll have to find another way to fix the keybed by my own.

According to you, you said that there is a "newer type" keybed, does that mean Arturia has improved their quality of the keybed recently?

eclipse0119

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 04:24:21 am »
totally agree these things are beautiful garbage. Two days in and one popped key. I took it apart and glued the small peg that holds the key in place with 2 part epoxy. The part that holds the keys down is flimsy plastic. in my crappy edirol keyboard these pegs are even metal. This keyboard is a waste of money. I have had nothing but problems with it in logic as well dropping controller messages and generally being unreliable. I spend more time trying to fix issues than playing it.

Is there any photo I can refer to?
I would like to use some AB putty to fix by my own also...
I have already lost 1 peg, only 1 peg left.  :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines