March 28, 2024, 10:27:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: NKS mapping of CS80V  (Read 5036 times)

vanheckis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
NKS mapping of CS80V
« on: November 09, 2015, 12:49:38 pm »
I was really looking forward to the NKS integration of Arturia instruments in my Maschine but am dissapointed with the incompleteness. It comes across as a job half done.

Why have Native Instrument + Arturia (whoever is responsible) not used the on/off choices on the CS80V (and other synths) in the mapping?
For instance: I now have 5 rotary buttons premapped for use of the ringmodulator. But in order to use them i will have to mouse click on the GUI to get the ring mod operational.

Same goes for the the sliders controlling filters and the additional sine wave that comes after the filter section. I can control its level but first need to activate it via the mouse !

The Push uses its rotary knobs to make ON/OFF choices so it is not impossible i would imagine?

And for the performance controllers:
Why have the 2 transpose sliders (changing each channel in octave/fifth increments up/down) not been mapped?
Why has the portamento time control slider been premapped whereas the sustain time slider has not ???

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:29:39 pm by vanheckis »

jnak

Re: NKS mapping of CS80V
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 04:58:49 am »
I concur with this. It's really underwhelming that some knobs won't do anything by default because the toggles have not been mapped and are not enabled by default in some presets. It completely defeats the purpose of the NKS integration.

Can anyone from Arturia say if it's on your roadmap?

Thanks
J

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines