March 28, 2024, 02:56:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark physical unit  (Read 7721 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Spark physical unit
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 05:42:03 pm »
Yeah. It got here two days ago, and I'm LOVING it. Aside from set-up (effects, mixer, etc) there's no need whatsoever to touch the software interface to make and tweak beats and grooves. And yeah, this thing is build SOLID -- except the plastic support rails. those seem oddly weak compared to the rest of the unit.
Now I gotta practice using it, together with my MiniLab, for live performance.

I'm only having one issue with my CDM, which is that I can't seem to switch between Project/Kit/Instrument/Disk browsing modes using the jog wheel. A pretty minor annoyance really; but still, I should be able to. I created a thread in the Technical Support section about it, but no response yet.
This space left intentionally blank.

ClydeLyman

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2015, 06:25:43 am »
Yeah: I haven't gotten any help with my metronome and updating issues, either

There are a bunch of tutorials on YouTube. I've downloaded about 20 of them

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2015, 11:15:26 am »

Hi Do you have the volume up on the metronome.  is the symbol blue when you press select +tap 
What is the problem with updating is it software or hardware.and what is the current FW version on the cdm.
  **update** i just checked and its working ok for me .try turning the volume down and see if you can hear the clicks it should also say metronome on in the screen/window
regards

Terrym
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:32:11 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2015, 11:16:56 am »
Yeah. It got here two days ago, and I'm LOVING it. Aside from set-up (effects, mixer, etc) there's no need whatsoever to touch the software interface to make and tweak beats and grooves. And yeah, this thing is build SOLID -- except the plastic support rails. those seem oddly weak compared to the rest of the unit.

I'm only having one issue with my CDM, which is that I can't seem to switch between Project/Kit/Instrument/Disk browsing modes using the jog wheel. A pretty minor annoyance really; but still, I should be able to. I created a thread in the Technical Support section about it, but no response yet.

Hi  ill get my cdm out of storage as I'm about to move and see if there an issue .get back too you later .

did you follow the manual for the cdm.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 01:29:48 pm »

Hi  ill get my cdm out of storage as I'm about to move and see if there an issue .get back too you later .

regards

Terrym

OK had a look and the jog wheel is working ok for me so after clicking the jog wheel does the library window open?
Are you pressing select then move the jog wheel .this should highlight either banks etc or if at the top a yellow band around the kit/inst/project/ disk tabs.

Terrym
TerryM

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 05:41:39 pm »

regards

Terrym

OK had a look and the jog wheel is working ok for me so after clicking the jog wheel does the library window open?
Are you pressing select then move the jog wheel .this should highlight either banks etc or if at the top a yellow band around the kit/inst/project/ disk tabs.

Terrym

Yeah, when I click the jog wheel the library window opens, and I can scroll thru the list that's there. And if I hit select+jog wheel I can scroll thru and select filters.
The problem is that, according to the manual, if I hold down the jog wheel and turn it it /should/ change between project/kit/instrument/disk browsing, and it's not doing that. I have to click in the software to change which section I'm browsing.
Like I said, it's a minor annoyance. Other than that (well, regardless of that) I am LOVING this hardware.

@

The metronome is working fine for me. Do you mean it's not working via the controller, or is it not working in the software itself?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 06:20:31 pm »

regards

Terrym

Terrym

Yeah, when I click the jog wheel the library window opens, and I can scroll thru the list that's there. And if I hit select+jog wheel I can scroll thru and select filters.
The problem is that, according to the manual, if I hold down the jog wheel and turn it it /should/ change between project/kit/instrument/disk browsing, and it's not doing that. I have to click in the software to change which section I'm browsing.
Like I said, it's a minor annoyance. Other than that (well, regardless of that) I am LOVING this hardware.

@

The metronome is working fine for me. Do you mean it's not working via the controller, or is it not working in the software itself?

do you have the latest manual ?
TerryM

ClydeLyman

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 05:36:59 pm »
The metronome does not work in either the software or hardware. You suggested that the volume may be down. The Volume is fine on the drums

As to update. When the connection is made between hardware and software the update notice comes up and when I press "yes" it goes to folder firstrct_! or somethng like that but thereafter it does nothing. The folder is empty. Is there a file I need? that I don't have

My eyesight is too poor to read the physical manual that came with the hardware and I cannot find a pdf of the manual

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 05:48:40 pm »
Hi , i mean turn the  main volume down  top right and next to it is the metronome setting and volume .is it blue  and is the small dial /metronome volume up
 What do you mean update firmware or software . Are you in the mcc to update the firmware .What does your spark cdm say its firmware is?

I'm not sure what the folder is .

regards

Terrym

TerryM

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 06:49:45 pm »
@terrym
I do indeed have the most up-to-date manual. The problem I'm having is the "Click and hold the Jog wheel, then scroll it to select a different browser (Project, Kit, Instrument, or Disk)"
That's not working for me.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 06:53:09 pm »
Hi ,you don't click the jog wheel you just hold select and turn the jug wheel to highlight over the tabs .what happens when the menu reaches the top it should go onto the tabs

Terrym
TerryM

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2015, 05:56:58 pm »
Hi ,you don't click the jog wheel you just hold select and turn the jug wheel to highlight over the tabs .what happens when the menu reaches the top it should go onto the tabs

Terrym
For me, holding select while turning the Jog Dial scrolls thru the filters, which I can then click to turn on or off.
hmmm

Terrym

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2015, 08:25:41 pm »
Thats correct but can you scroll to the top and highlight in yellow the tabs

terrym
TerryM

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 01:08:00 pm »
Thats correct but can you scroll to the top and highlight in yellow the tabs
terrym
AH! Yes, that works. The manual is incorrect then. Thank you! :D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines