March 28, 2024, 04:09:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Had Beatstep Pro a week - crashy and can't keep sync.  (Read 1635 times)

angstrom

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Had Beatstep Pro a week - crashy and can't keep sync.
« on: November 02, 2015, 01:48:51 am »
I should have read this forum before purchase!
Using the Beatstep Pro for 5 days now, it crashes locked up solid (with random lights on) and it does this at least twice a day.  Requiring power-cycling to get it operational again.

I'm using firmware 1.2.0.6.  BTW

Also - it simply cannot keep MIDI clock from Ableton. It will stay in time for five minutes or so and then simply stop playing. Just decide to stop dead!    The only way to get it to start again is set it back to Internal Sync ... but then once operational again it refuses to clock by USB again unless I power-cycle.  If I try to choose "USB" as a clock input it just stops.  Power-cycling fixes it.

It's a great device in the moments when it works, and the idea and feature set is very fun .  Every day it's been trouble I've said to myself "This thing should go back but it's so much fun that ...ah maybe I'll keep it" and then it dies on me again.

The Beatstep is great as a concept but the reality is not something I'd recommend to anybody.  I've put a support request in but I think most likely I'll be sending it back this week.  A real shame because it's a fun device but fatally, fatally flawed by hardware lockups and a lack of stable sync.

I know you Arturia Forum regulars are probably  not surprised by this news!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines