March 28, 2024, 10:23:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Move to first position immediately when selecting pattern.  (Read 1042 times)

Montfrooij

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Move to first position immediately when selecting pattern.
« on: November 02, 2015, 11:29:47 am »
I'm not sure if there is such an option,  but sometimes I have a need to move to the first position of a pattern immediately (f.e. when the rest of the band started too early / late and is out of sync with the current song / pattern).

As far as I know I only have two options (wait for the current pattern to complete or start the next pattern at the current position).

How would you move to the first position of a pattern immediately when you are at a certain position in a pattern?

Thanks!

Peter

Montfrooij

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Move to first position immediately when selecting pattern.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 07:16:37 pm »
Ok, I did manage to break out of the rule that a pattern always loops 'all the way' to its ending position.

Here is my scenario:
We have a chorus that is 64 + 16 steps, but my chorus pattern is 64 steps long.
What I would like, is to be able to loop one time 1-64, returning to 1 - 16 and then move to the pattern for the verse (position 1).

So I have two patterns, both are 64 steps long A1 is the verse, A2 is the chorus.
I would like to have 64 + 16 steps of A1 and then move to step 1 of A2.

With 'Switch pattern immediately' ON, I get the (unwanted) behaviour of always completing it's loop.
So when I'm at step 16 of A1 and I press A2, it starts A2 at is 17th position.

Now I thought about adding a 16 bar pattern (A3), similar to A1 and select that after A1.
So A1 = 64
A3 = 16
A2 = 64 (first position)
However, when selecting A2 after A3, it still starts at position 17.

Now I've changed the setting to OFF (not really what I'm used to, since I switch between patterns to create some variety), and then it works differently.
I play A1 (64 positions), select A3 before the end of A1 and A3 starts to play 16 bars.
Before bar 16, I select A2 and that one starts to play at position 1.

This option sounds ok, but in reality I'm still not where I want to be, since I sometimes need to move to position 1 of a certain pattern NOW. (let say we've missed two beats when starting the chorus).
I still cannot do this PLUS I miss the flexibility of changing patterns while playing them.

So I hope I'm missing something  :-[
(like a option SELECT + Pattern to start at position 1 of that pattern)

Whatever I do, when I start another pattern (64 steps) it continued where I left it. (not starting at it's first position before reaching the 64th).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines