March 28, 2024, 11:05:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Micobrute Dead, Stops Working  (Read 2430 times)

jjdeprisco

Micobrute Dead, Stops Working
« on: October 31, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »
Recently purchased a used like-new Microbrute SE. Supposedly in top condition, and worked first time out of the box. Since then however, I have had little luck with it. Now I turn it on, let it warm up per the manual, and it remains dead.

What I've tried:
- Making sure there is a wave form turned up.
- Running connection software on Mac (so no Win 8.1 issues)
- Updated firmware.
- Set to Clock instead of Gate. I do NOT want to have to do this every time I use the thing. But in any case, this doesn't appear to always fix the problem.

The forums have been pretty much useless so far. Some of them refer to a "firmware restoration tech note" of some sort in PDF format, but there is no such file on Arturia's site.

An instrument is useless if you have to repair it before each use. If I find no solid fix for this I guess it goes in the junk pile for a hack, or I can try to sell it, but now I am basically screwed because I can't guarantee it will work.

RMedina704

Re: Micobrute Dead, Stops Working
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:49:17 am »
Hi,
Just curious. Did your Microbrute problems ever get resolved?
I'm wondering what caused mine to go silent after using it for a week.
I'd appreciate it if you tell me your experience and wether I should even bother getting it replaced.
Thanks.

RMedina704

Re: Micobrute Dead, Stops Working
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »
Hi there,

I wound up taking mine back to the store for a refund. I didn't want to since I got it for an amazing price. I found a used Microbrute SE that seems to work fine. I've only had a few days with it and all is well. My mistake was probably doing a pitch wheel calibration which ruined the filter. I then did an update to firmware 1.0.3.3 which I found on the forums and that made the main and headphone output go dead.

The one I have now has 1.0.3.2 and the pitch wheel is fine. I will not update it further for fear it may go dead, unless something else dies on it. I did have to connect it to switch the sequencer from gate to clk (clock) to get the sequencer working again.

I hope you find a solution. Be very patient with Arturia since they were very slow to respond to my ticket. It's frustrating for me  since I have a bunch of gear that's much older and they have no issues. The older synths are much more robust. Hopefully this one will hold up.

Rick M.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines