April 26, 2024, 02:55:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP filters midi?  (Read 1415 times)

faster

BSP filters midi?
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:42:57 am »
If I plug my midi controller into BSP via midi in, I can't use any midi function from my (other) controller.
Only the keyboard works.

Why is that? I remember using my controller with other midi gear and it worked. I could control CCs from either controller.

Does BSP not allow another controller to work "with it" or am I doing something wrong?
Is there a way to do it?

Another issue is that BSP has often hard time to lern midi ccs on soft synthesizers even from Arturia, like iSEM?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:14:48 am by faster »

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: BSP filters midi?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 03:10:59 am »
With regards to the midi data, the BSP doesn't echo all midi in data on the out, only the channels you have assigned to the three sequencers and only the note values, velocity and key on/off data.  And only if you are not recording.  Not sure if it echos aftertouch.
The midi in port is really only good for programming the the BSP.  I use a midi merge box to bring my BSP into my midi chain and have an old midi controller keyboard connected to the midi in of the BSP.  It's so old, all it has is the keys, 16 buttons and midi out, but it does what is needed.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

faster

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 09:35:32 pm »
With regards to the midi data, the BSP doesn't echo all midi in data on the out, only the channels you have assigned to the three sequencers and only the note values, velocity and key on/off data.  And only if you are not recording.  Not sure if it echos aftertouch.
The midi in port is really only good for programming the the BSP.  I use a midi merge box to bring my BSP into my midi chain and have an old midi controller keyboard connected to the midi in of the BSP.  It's so old, all it has is the keys, 16 buttons and midi out, but it does what is needed.

Yes that's what I was afraid :'(...Thanks for your time and detailed explanation.
cheers

bilbo909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • http://www.patrickdsp.com
    • Patrick DSP.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 03:07:04 am »
It's a shame that it strips out a lot of midi cc data and aftertouch data, even that sent to it via usb.  hopefully this can be fixed in the next firmware?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines