March 28, 2024, 05:40:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What I think Arturia needs right now ( for Gilles and Fred )  (Read 24928 times)

GeeBee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
What I think Arturia needs right now ( for Gilles and Fred )
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 07:56:24 pm »
Quote from: "omissis"

Creamware cards use their own DSP chips to generate the sounds, so the CPU has very little to do with their synths....

That's what I would like to have but for all VSTIs :)
be creative

omissis

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 08:23:33 pm »
Try with Receptor...even if you will get nothing more than a dedicated computer for VSTis :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Man-Machine

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 04:46:27 pm »
Quote from: "GeeBee"
Quote from: "Man-Machine"
The problem with Creamware software is that it depends on their soundcard to run.

Does this card allow you to use less CPU ?
That's a kind of card I would like to have. Something which can support all VSTIs and take audio treatments for itself, so the CPU will be less loaded. :)  :idea:

The Creamware card doesn't quite work this way. It does indeed all the audio work for you and the cpu is barely used but you can't load native VSTi in it. You have to run plug ins that were designed for it, and there are lots of them. I only use this card for the analogue synthesizer plugins though. IMHO they do the best software emulation of classic analogues. I have their MiniMg, Pro-One, Prophet 5 and Oddyssey emulations. They also have excellent Prophet VS and Hammond B-3 emulations.  I don't know if it's because their DSP programmers are really great or because they have all this DSP power from the card to use and abuse but I wish native VSTis could sound this good so that I wouldn't have to depend on this card anymore.
L8er Osci8ers

Frederic Brun

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.arturia.com
Improving every day
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 08:35:19 am »
Nice to hear this words from Arturia...

Maybe also take a look at the KVR forum topics regarding the Minimonsta and/or MiniMg V. There are some interesting points in some posts.  MiniMgs can vary from model to model so emulations can also vary but still a couple of things that are unique to all MiniMgs are missing from both softsynths....

We started working on the next version of the MiniMg V early December. But since the release of the Minimonsta, the discussions on KVR and the SOS review we have had more material to work from.
All this is going to help us build a better MiniMg V.

Also, take a look at the soft vs. hard shoot out reviews from german keyboards magazine. They compare a real MiniMg with Creamware's Minimax and Arturia's MiniMg V with sound examples and all. I'm sure they had a MiniMg that was different than Creamware's but the results were excellent.

We are going to do this as well.

thanks.

Frederic

omissis

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2005, 10:15:29 am »
And what about...CS-80V  :!: ???????
Max

a CS-80Vist

Man-Machine

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 11:43:58 pm »
Hopefully any modifications done on the TAE for the MiniMg V should reflect automatically on all other Arturia synths as well. It should just be a matter of recompiling the source code for the other synths. Of course there are issues unique to some of these synths individually...
L8er Osci8ers

FabP

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2005, 08:14:31 am »
Hopefully any modifications done on the TAE for the MiniMg V should reflect automatically on all other Arturia synths as well. It should just be a matter of recompiling the source code for the other synths. Of course there are issues unique to some of these synths individually...

Yes, you're right.
We are working on many improvements which will benefit to all our synths, even if all the sytnhs have some differents characteristics.
In fact our goal is to reproduce the characteristics of each synth (oscillators, filters..), and TAE helps to be closer to each individual synth, with all its particularities.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

Man-Machine

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 05:07:57 pm »
The new Sound on Sound review of the CS80 pretty much lists most of the issues we talked about here and other forums but I guess Arturia already have that list in mind for the next update of the CS80, right?!
L8er Osci8ers

omissis

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 05:16:53 pm »
Hi Man Machine

Is it possible for you to bring the forum any significant quote from the article? I badly wish Xavier will do a good job....especially with the ringmodulator which is the most buggy section of it all :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines