April 19, 2024, 12:47:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The dreaded 'change patter on last step' function  (Read 2073 times)

Clem Snide

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The dreaded 'change patter on last step' function
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:45:20 pm »
In many ways I'm really enjoying this well-built and amazingly affordable sequencer, but the lack of the above feature is a real killer for both live work and longer compositions.

I bought this with the intention of replacing my Octatrack's MIDI sequencer duties in live shows (because breaking/losing the OT terrifies me), but the inability to reliably shift smoothly from one pattern to the other means I'm sadly thinking of sending it back. Were it not for this problem, the BSP could do a lot of what the OT can do for a fraction of the price.

Does anybody else find this as crucial an ommision as I do? I'm sadly thinking of returning the BSP this month because of this issue.

Steinberger

Re: The dreaded 'change patter on last step' function
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 12:07:25 am »
I always make the pattern switch on the step 15 light and it's smooth as butter and happens on 1. The thing I actually find cool about it is I have the creative option to switch it whenever I want. Now if they had a key combo to wait till the end of the current loop that would be nice. I however would have that as my secondary option instead of my default/primary.

Entrainer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 07:59:55 pm »
I always make the pattern switch on the step 15 light and it's smooth as butter and happens on 1.

That's the trick then?  Step 15, the upbeat, and not step 16?  I'll try it asap.  Thanks for sharing.

Still, I'd prefer the ability to change it on the 13... step 15 @ 120+bpm is a little tight if you are also trying to control additional hardware (the things being sequenced). 

Hopefully this will be sorted long before Christmas (or even Black Friday) so Arturia can start building some true positive online buzz for the Beatstep Pro. 

(And copy SEQ1 to SEQ2 please)

/squeaky wheel
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:02:30 pm by Entrainer »

Cashman

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:37:14 pm »
I was thinking of buying a bsp this week but this is actually a deal breaker for me.

Let me get this strait... If you have a drum pattern playing and you press the key to swap to another pattern it swaps instantly rather than waiting until the end of the current pattern/bar? That's really lame.
I won't be buying one until it behaves in a sensible 909/octatrak/able ton pattern switch method. I'm really disappointed to hear this. What were they thinking?

turbo_kev

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 08:43:30 pm »
I think youll find on the drum seq's  its fine

its the 2 melodic  seq's  that's the problem for some

cheers
kev
BWS 3.0.0,Spark LE, V Collection 6.2, BS1 & BS PRO, Keystep & Keystep pro  keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,Launch pad pro,ProFx8 v2,Icon m+ & D2,KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 ,1TB NVMe.M2, msi x99a sli + , NV GF Gt 710, Matrix Brute  Roland TR8S

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines