March 29, 2024, 01:47:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Automate Range Osc2  (Read 2617 times)

newcomer.band

Automate Range Osc2
« on: October 10, 2015, 06:04:57 am »
Hey Guys! I'm using the Arturia Mini V in Logic and I want to automate the range of JUST oscillator 2. I have a section of the song where I want oscillator 2 to jump from 32 up to 16, then up to 8, then back down to 16, then down to 32.

I tried to use the pitchbend but it's not a clean jump from octave to octave because it...well...it bends it. I can hear the notes slide up and down and I just want it to jump!

I'm sure there's a way to do this but I just can't figure it out. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

LBH

Re: Automate Range Osc2
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 05:44:15 pm »
Hey Guys! I'm using the Arturia Mini V in Logic and I want to automate the range of JUST oscillator 2. I have a section of the song where I want oscillator 2 to jump from 32 up to 16, then up to 8, then back down to 16, then down to 32.

I tried to use the pitchbend but it's not a clean jump from octave to octave because it...well...it bends it. I can hear the notes slide up and down and I just want it to jump!

I'm sure there's a way to do this but I just can't figure it out. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

I don't know anything about logic. But can't you assign/ midi learn the range knob of the VCO you wan't to control to a control and then automate that control? I can do that in my DAW Studio One.
I don't know why MINI V's range controls is'nt pre defined. I think it should be.

Another way is to use 2 instances of MINI V where each instance only play one OSC. Then you can transpose the track of the instance with the OSC you wan't to transpose. But you will get a different result than changing the Range of a OSC as you get different sonic results according to the range you choose of a OSC that you don't get by transposing.
Two instances for instance also give you the possibility to create automation for the filter settings for each OSC etc., as it's just like using layered sounds.

It's also possible to assing/ midi learn a control to the semitone tune knob of a OSC by right clicking on the tune knob in midi learn mode. Normal click assign the fine tuning.

So it's to choose a way that works best for the task.

Hope this helos you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines