April 18, 2024, 09:35:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: how to keep knob from jumping around  (Read 3618 times)

johnallan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
how to keep knob from jumping around
« on: May 01, 2015, 07:36:05 am »
When touching the knob with the mouse, in preparation for changing the value, the knob jumps around screwing up its original setting.
Is there a way to move the knob subtly from its original value, without having that value change the second you touch it with the mouse?

LBH

Re: how to keep knob from jumping around
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 11:47:29 pm »
When touching the knob with the mouse, in preparation for changing the value, the knob jumps around screwing up its original setting.
Is there a way to move the knob subtly from its original value, without having that value change the second you touch it with the mouse?

The knob is depending on where you click with your mouse as the knob coding react to the mouse position. If you click at excatcly the same position, that gives the value of the mouse, the knob will not move at all. But that's very difficult to hit that point. Perhaps impossible.

It would be nice if Arturia made a more advanced coding to make subtle changes easier.

For the time being you can use the values in the mouse over coded pop up tips for the knobs, and then click the mouse afterwards to make a subtle value change according to the current value you have read.

Edit: Just in case.
Remember that after you have clicked the knob, then the farther away the mouse are from the knob, the more subtle changes you can make for the knob. Maybe this feature also is a reason for the way Aruria has coded. You can make very subtle changes using the read values and this method. And that's really good.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:25:07 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 10:33:52 pm »
A funny thing happend to day, and i actually have exprienced it before.
The knob's did'nt jump.
 I have no clue why. Maybe it's a bug when it jump. Sometimes initializing perhaps fail's and other times not.

Edit:  I'm not sure if using control on windows and command on a MAC make any difference. Sometimes things behave differently using those. Also to make it stop jumping.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:26:57 pm by LBH »

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 03:40:12 pm »
Did you check the knob mode in the tool bar in standalone ?
If you are in circular mode you must move you mouse pointer in circle around the knob, in linear mode you only drag the knob on virtual vertical line.
.......testing.......

LBH

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 05:40:32 pm »
If you are asking me. For my part i've tested and can say.

Using:
1. circular = It jumps.
2. Relative circular - It don't jump
3. Linear - It don't jump

I had mine on Relative circular. Must have set it at some point without remembering.
But mystery solced. Thanks.

Hope Johnallan found out the same.

However i did experience at the time i tested for my posts in this thread, that i got two results om the same knobsetting. But if it only happens once in a while and one knows what can be wrong or it's just a restart of the app, then it's not that big a deal for me.

benjaminfrog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 01:27:46 pm »
Is there a way to permanently change knob behavior in the plugin? I've switched it to relative circular in standalone and would love to be able to configure this in the plugin or at least have the setting defined in standalone apply to the plugin. The only workaround I've found is holding Alt (PC, can't speak to Macs) while making changes to knobs.

Epee

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 07:09:16 am »
Mixer volume knobs 1,2 and 3 and main volume knob jump to default 0db setting when left-clicked first time after opening GUI in Live.

After this if GUI remains open then the knobs behave okay - but if you close and re-open GUI then knobs will jump again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines