March 28, 2024, 09:02:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Watch my Video : Could you please tell me how you play VST mode in Cubase AI8 ?!  (Read 2767 times)

latoxine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
edit: add video

https://youtu.be/_4J20Td_sic

Hello, it's very frustating, I have problems sinces weeks, first open crashes then that ( hope this one is just a cubase config issue )
I can use spark2/sparle in stand alone. And I can start/stop the sequencer from spark ( host on )

But that's all. Audio is fine, from soft pads or sparkle pads. The audio levels respond well in cubase. But no midi notes can arrive to the soft from Cubase.

I'm not trying to records from the controller, I just whant to use the Spark2 soft as a VST from cubase, playing for example the drag drop pattern directly from the cubase ( the midi note in cubase are send to the Spark VST, like others VST...Normal?! ) , to be able to do my song in cubase for example.

WHAT I DO :

I desactivate the spakle midi in the cubase config. ( I tried with and without )
I create a track instrument+ create a midi track.
The sound is ok when I tap the pads.
The in is all midi in ( I tried every others ) The out is well assigned to ''spark''
No sound when for example I drag drop a pattern from the spark soft on the track. ( I don't try to drag on the audio track, just to be clear  ;) )

Absolutly no midi infos
, in the cubase midi meter etc. Dead zone....

But what is strange, is that the litle round red button in the top left of the spark soft is flashing , and apparently at the rythm of midi notes from the export pattern of the track in cubase ?!

PS :
I'm on windows 10 64bit, spark 2 sparkle, Cubase AI8
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:56:40 am by latoxine »
Excuse my english, prefer speak french if you can...

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Could you please tell me how you play VST mode in Cubase AI8 ?!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 05:37:22 pm »
Hi , Have you set the pref in spark to send  midi pad out and send midi sequencer  out. Also you must use rack instruments and not track instruments.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

latoxine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 07:08:25 pm »

thank you,

-In fact first I used the rack instruments, and nothing was different. I red somewhere that track instrument was need ( on an issue spark post ) , that's why I tried it since few days.

-For the Send midi pad, and sequencer, it's write that you musn't check both of them: So, I'm sure to have tryed the "send midi pad "( and nothing happened ) but can't be sure for both of them.

I'm going to try.

Ps : An other thing, I've never seen the ''midi'' light on on the sparkle , not sure if there is  a relation. Even if my main problem is happening with the soft spark2.

latoxine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 10:12:36 pm »

Ok so I've tried: 
rack instrument,
with spark midi out,
midi pad and seq '' YES '' on spark software, 

...and still no midi send/received except start/stop seq.  :-\

May I missed something elsewhere ? My others plugins work well. I could try to take a video if it can help ?

latoxine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:56:52 am by latoxine »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
Hi , in you midi input i  cannot see spark midi out ? please see my screenshot below this is in cubase 8  thought and all is working for me.

regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments

latoxine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello, in: out and out:in ?! Alredy seen that on Audiofanzine french forum, and KEVIN from arturia told he wasn't sure of that...   
Thanks for the answer, even if it do not work, as I feel a little bit lonely since days...

I just tried it

What happen :

I see midi infos in the midi track when I touch pads, I was happy so I tried to record in cubase : nothing. Still one way.

I did an export. Still no difference.
 Could it be only a Cubase AI problem? Will upgrade to Cubase artist soon, but if it still doesn't work...

here the video:     https://youtu.be/sx9HuKRTSCE
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:39:55 pm by latoxine »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
Hi, i can see you have your midi working  in and out on spark .but i also saw that you have your  choose mdi drum map on custom  change this to spark
and then also check your midi learn for your pads .

spark is recording into cubase but the midi is set too high   (above c8 i think i saw) .

change these and all should be good

Terrym
TerryM

latoxine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

hello,

yes, it's high ! I was surprise but thought that it was normal.That it was the range use by the soft. ???

But if I remenber well,  I've tried to play on the virtual keyboard, and put notes on all the virtual cubase keyboard ( on the first video I think ) on the midi file to be sure.

Never had to change the drum map ( never use ) And thought SPARK was a vst like an other.

Don't remenber if the other settings was good or not, as for me the midi vst routing wasn't natural ( for anyone ) so I'll give it a try as soon as I can and let you know !

thank you.

latoxine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice

THANK you very much!  :D

It working !

I can beleive it was that, I thought you were talking about the map in cubase, but yes it was custom map on Spark pref. I don't even rember having touched that, or the velocity cursor.
Maybe a mouse accident...

I'm Still just a little bit dissapointed as it seems you can't records the controls change, from spark or from sparkle. That's a pity, but happy because it was driving me crazy.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines