March 28, 2024, 05:54:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab88 and Mainstage 3  (Read 9811 times)

Gb59

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab88 and Mainstage 3
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:12:21 pm »
Hi, I've had my keylab88 for about a month now and am new to using soft synths as my keyboard rig. I'm using mainstage and really like it, but the controls seem to react a little strange.  For example where I have one of the rotary encoders set to change volume, ant it is set to relative mode, the message sent changes the volume to zero.  I then have to turn the encoder to the volume I desire.  If I'm only looking to adjust the volume slightly from where it's set, it doesn't react that way and the patch sound odd, as well as distracting to play.  Anyone have a solution to this.  Has anyone created a master project for mainstage3?

Thanks gb59

Tausendberg

Re: Keylab88 and Mainstage 3
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 08:08:25 am »
I have the same exact issue in Presonus Studio One, and to resolve it, I need to use the studio one's "learn" feature which is essentially just mapping everything. I would suspect it's similar there.

Gb59

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 01:23:03 pm »
Thanks T.
I have mapped everything. In Mainstage 3 I basically made a template of all the controls of the keylab88 and set everything up in the midi setup.  Still the issue persists. It must be in the way the messages are send via midi between KL abs MS3. Very annoying. A solution would be much appreciated.  Good luck and thanks for the reply.

Emporio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 04:15:32 pm »
Hi Guys,

MainStage works very well will Keylab88 - I use it in live gigs all the time.
You can configure the knobs on the Keylab to transmit in different ways - either relative or absolute: I prefer relative as this allows small adjustments from the current stored value.

In mainstage, match the corresponding rotary using the learn function but then change the type to 'Relative (Sign magnitude)' - It should then work as expected.

Ant

Gygaabor

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 08:48:47 pm »
I bought my Keylab88 recently. I am a long-time Main Stage user now and used many controllers already. But now I having issues such as the K88 stops sending (or MS3 stops receiving??) MIDI notes. I didn't start to find the solution or anything but for first just asking you here… Anybody had bugs/problems with MIDI stability of K88?
Thanks a lot,
Gabor

Spencer_Spencer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 06:25:56 pm »
Is anyone else having a strange issue whereby when I first load up Mainstage, it doesn't recognise any of the knobs, faders, pitch wheel, sustain pedal until you press it once.  For example, I boot up, Hit the sustain pedal, Nothing, Hit it again, it works!, same goes for every single other part of the keyboard.  So I end up turning and pushing everything on the first boot of mainstage!

Gb59

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 03:44:35 am »
Hi Spencer.

Yes I have the same issue.  When I first turn on my KL88 and mainstage, the sustain pedal doesn't work properly until I depress the pedal at least once and on the second time it works.  The same happens with the knobs. Very annoying nd unfortunately I don't have a fix for this.

Spencer_Spencer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 03:15:16 pm »
Well at least someone else has the same issue - would be strange if other people don't? and then there might be a potential fix there? Any one?!

I used to have this problem changing between every PATCH luckily I fiddled around and got it down to just when it loads up...

Hi Spencer.

Yes I have the same issue.  When I first turn on my KL88 and mainstage, the sustain pedal doesn't work properly until I depress the pedal at least once and on the second time it works.  The same happens with the knobs. Very annoying nd unfortunately I don't have a fix for this.

joeleric26

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 08:50:55 pm »
I'm on the fence about a Keylab 88.

I run Logic and Mainstage 3 and from reading these forums there seems to be some interfacing problems between them and the Keylab.

Am I reading too much into a few postings? Anyone using Logic/Mainstage that's thrilled with their workflow with Keylab?

KleinerM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab88 and Mainstage 3
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 10:38:42 am »
Thanks for the reply Shawn.  I just had seen your reply in another thread and seemed like you might have some ideas on my problem. 

Hopefully Fishman will help with this issue.  I emailed them twice now.  I swear I had it working this way a few weeks ago.  I dont know if i did some update or something.  On my macbook, i thought I could maybe removed one of the triple play midi ports fishman triple Play Controller but its grayed out and I cant.  It seems that is the cause of the issue in mainstage.  The two midi ports....
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines