March 29, 2024, 12:24:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Strange Tapping Sound when using MiniLab through Analog Lab Software  (Read 2308 times)

DAVEDUDE

• It's not you, it's me.
I haven't seen this issue posted, so forgive me if I overlooked the topic when searching.

Whenever I utilize a sound in ANalog lab, either through my Minilab Controller or my Beatstep, it seems to have a fast tapping sound behind the desired noise. I'm not sure if it's background noise but what I can tell is that it seems to be within the software or devices (odd that it would be both). I have attached a clip of myself playing the "Ruticulate" effect through the MODULAR V.

Notice the tapping sound (undulating frequency) in the background.

How can I remove this?

Note: This does not occur when I will play sound files through YouTube or iTunes, etc.

System specs:

Win 7 64-bit
USB PnP audio out-Grado SR 60 headphones (have used standard in-ear headphones with same result)
16 GB RAM
i7 Core 3300 Processor

Minilab and Beatstep (although tested individually) USB separate to USB HUB3.0 to USB HUB3.0 to USB 3.0 rear computer port connected
2.5 MM cable (adapter) connects Minilab and Beatstep together....couldn't play them until hooked up this way..

Any help is appreciated. I'm a noob but have loads of ideas (20 yr drummer veteran)

Thanks

holyjaguar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Strange Tapping Sound when using MiniLab through Analog Lab Software
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:29:11 am »
It sounds to me like too low audio buffers,I get that every other time or so when starting analog lab,and running sound through the motherboards sound try upping the buffers in the audio/midi settings. I don`t think it is you,or your set up,but if you are using the computers sound hardware,I think it is an Arturia Glitch. I am looking for answers myself,as to why these things are going on.It is very touchy software, I have the Keylab 25,and will be adding a 49,and I`m a Guitar player! Love the Textures,So,,,,,,,,,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines