March 28, 2024, 01:50:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Software and SparkLE crashes when loading new Kit  (Read 4025 times)

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark Software and SparkLE crashes when loading new Kit
« on: September 20, 2015, 06:35:07 pm »
Hi there. I've bought a Spark LE promo package at a big Seller in germany (guess who it is....). After struggling through different problems (mostly config issues) I have the following persistent problem(s):

Using Spark LE Hardware (Promo Bundle, Windows 7 64bit) together with the Spark Software (standalone AND VST in my Studio One 2 DAW) causes crashes all the time, when loading an Instrument or a Sound into a Pad Slot.
When Loading a new Kit, the Spark Software gets greyed out and doesn't respond anymore. When restarting the Software, the Spark LE cannot be connected anymore, because of the loss of the ASIO driver of my soundcard. Because of the crash I assume the ASIO doesn't get release signal and is marked as 'used by another process/application'. So I cannot connect the Spark LE Controller, because I cannot select the proper ASIO driver.
Only restarting Windows sets the ASIO driver free again. But as said the Software always crashes when loading a new Kit or Sound.

The Question is: Why is the Spark Software always crashing? What is the reason for this?

Please Don't tell me, it's my machine or misconfiguration of it, cause I use a lot of other stuff from Native Instruments, EastWest etc. and it never behaves like this - also my Hardware should be powerful enough (Intel Quadcore 4,0GHz, 16GB RAM).

In this few hours I could test the SparkLE and I love it, it's handy, well designed, love the sounds etc. :)
So why is the Software crashing? What can I do to find out what the reason is for this?  ???

Any Help would be appreciated (I hope that an Arturia Engineer or someone from the Support Team can answer me this question directly?).
I know there is a ticket system, but I don't wanna wait such a long time for my questions to be answered. It's because I have a few more questions I can't find the answer though...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:28:39 am by ProhibitCrashes »

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
Re: Spark Software and SparkLE crashes when loading new Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:16:46 am »
It is simply poorly developed. Maybe they didn't sell so much as they hoped,  maybe it's because they have a lot more of projects to maintain and focus on. I don't know. But it is simply some kind of illusion,with consequent delusion. It's fast and easy to use, sounds better than every software drum machine I have ever used, but lacks some basic features here and there and, it doesn't  behave stable. Well, Arturia isn't "stable"  and trustable about it. After nearly one year with no updates, they released an update that introduced new bugs in basic areas, as loading presets and controller synching. Seems like some kind of abandoneware. Being the first product from Arturia I bought, it will be the last.
It's a pity, it sounded fantastic and work flow inside Cubase, with midi drag and drop of patterns, was fantastic.

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:54:22 am »
Yes, I also agree, that Spark sounds great, and I like it more than another famous product of similar use. I also love the 'keep it simple' aspect - all you need from a drum-machine/sequencer is there. Well, I know that developing a new product is not so easy, because it costs money and time, which has to be returned in a reasonable time when releasing a new product. And also I know, Software ALWAYS contains bugs, some trivial, some disastrous.
So I want to give Arturia a Chance to make it. I want this product, because it could be good and if it works, it could beat all the other manufacturers out of business. The price is unbeatable, now they should concentrade on the quality of the software...

I'm still waiting for the answer to my question. There must be a solution, other manufacturers also have sometimes problems with bugs...

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:03:43 am »
I hope Arturia will keep on going with this product, not abandon it. I would feel jerked, if they do so.

mixalis

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 11:16:36 am »
To be honest i think Arturia should change policy about updates......I would prefer if it costed 30 euros for an update but at least update it on a regular basis without bugs etc....They need to hire more people now......

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 12:37:36 pm »
Sadly, Spark is not a new product, it's some years since its first release. And after all this time, seeing what they did with the last update, and receiving no support or feedback here from anyone at Arturia, brought  my hope and patience to an end. This is not correct to us customers, and... ok, I am polite so I don't write here what I really think.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:39:41 pm by daksha »

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 12:54:53 pm »
Ok, Spark isn't new. So I don't understand, if they drop the product, why is it still been sold? I've opened a new tech request ticket and hope for a good answer. I just can't understand it - it could be such a high class product. So what now? Return it to the seller? And what can I use instead? I just needed a drumsequencer with easy to use hardware, and the Spark seemed to fit my needs.

I should hear from Arturia tech support within 2 business days, that is mentioned in the automated feedback mail. If they send an answer I will post it here.

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 08:54:43 pm »
Well, I don't say they dropped it, but they are not maintaining it properly. Absolutely not.
That's why I decided to switch to Maschine, maybe.
Not the same thing, more complex for shure, not same workflow and sound, but more "Futureproof".
Anyway, let's see what happens.

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:27:18 am »
I have sold my Maschine, because it was too complex for my needs. But I can say: It was 'nearly' stable. I also had versions, that crashed, but NI brings out updates in time. Also what I disliked about the Maschine, was the scanning precedure for libraries (mostly done after updates or adding new libs) - it sometimes lasted up to half an hour....
But once done it ran.
As I said, for me the 'DAW' like GUI of the software was way too overloaded for me (and a few things about operation in Maschine, are - let's say quite NI specific).

So I still hope, that Arturia awakes and aknowledges what great Product they have in their product line - they should first focus on debugging and stability and THEN think about implementation of new features.

The amount of functions in this software is exactly what I was looking for and the 'out of the box' sounds are really usable, inspiring.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:03:09 pm by ProhibitCrashes »

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 11:51:15 am »
I have sold my Maschine, because it was too complex for my needs. But I can say: It was 'nearly' stable. I also had versions, that crashed, but NI brings out updates in time. Also what I disliked about the Maschine, was the scanning precedure for libraries (mostly done after updates or adding new libs) - it sometimes lasted up to half an hour....
But once done it ran.
As I said, for me the 'DAW' like GUI of the software was way too overloaded for me (and a few things about operation in Maschine, are - let's say quite NI specific).

So I still hope, that Arturia awakes and aknowledges what great Product they have in their product line - they should first focus on debugging and stability and THEN think about implementation of new features.

The amount of functions in this software is exactly what I was looking for and the 'out of the box' sounds are really usable, inspiring.

The only thing that is sad is the support not taking notice of my trouble till now.

I don't expect the solution from the support team within seconds, but a personal mail from support like this: 'we have received your mail, and I will look into your subject in a few hours/days/weeks/month/years...' would be great and helpful.

I totally agree with you in every single point. The pro, the issues and the hopes.
I used Maschine Mikro to a friend's studio, I wanted to buy it, but yes, it goes far beyond being a drum machine, and this generates a complexity that wasn't required by me at the time. I wanted first of all a drum machine with a good sequencer integration, and Spark was THE drum machine I needed. Its sound didn't die in the mix as others do. I love this! But than came this unlucky update (at least for us PC+Cubase users) and most of all Arturia behavior, in combination with the start of a new project, made me think again at Maschine. I want to start a Psy-Chill project aimed for live execution first of all, and for this, I think Maschine in standalone is perfect. We also tried to open the Virus TI interface inside, record midi and than resample it quickly by usb-audio and works...wow... For fast building this new project, this will be a killer feature! Than, ok, if it's stable enought, I'll use it as drum machine inside Cubase. If not, I'll go back to the included groove agent that always works, and end of the story.
In software, nothing is perfect, higher the complexity, more the bugs. And sequencer + software + hardware are a complex ecosystem of technology.
But there's not only technology, there is also people making it and using it.
If I enter a forum signaling bugs in really basic functions that worked before, "your OS is not supported" is just an excuse to not give me support, and even worst is the silence after that the same bugs has been reported by other users on a supported OS.
Saying ok guys, we'll try to fix it would be enought.
On the contrary, to me, silence SPEAKS: we don't give a fuck. And this is quite arrogant.
And I don't like to deal with arrogance. That's why I turn my head somewhere else, at first.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:53:14 am by daksha »

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 12:13:44 pm »

I HAD E-MAIL CONTACT WITH EDOUARD FROM ARTURIA TODAY (22.09.2015), SO PROMISE TO ANSWER WITHIN 48 HOURS WAS KEPT!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 09:57:22 pm by ProhibitCrashes »

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 05:01:19 pm »
Seems, that it was a n issue with the Spark Lib. So I put it back to the default directory and changed my soundcard, so now it works fine!

Now I will try back the old soundcard and test with it, if everything still works, it was only about my custom directory, where I saved my Spark Library.

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 03:15:53 pm »
YEPPP. Now verified:

Put the Spark Lib back to the default folder and now it works with both Soundcards. Arturia should fix this. Don't know why it behaves like this....

Thanks to Arturia supporties for the quick responses!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines