April 25, 2024, 09:39:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: sparks error message (too many instances of spark)  (Read 3330 times)

masud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
sparks error message (too many instances of spark)
« on: September 19, 2015, 10:11:35 am »
I have purchased the sparks drums software which came with V collections. There are times when I select the drum machine in Logic a message comes up saying (too many instances of spark) in the form of a box, so I can't use it. Also on my account it says 4 activations left. Does that mean I haven't activated four of them? Please help. Thanks

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: sparks error message (too many instances of spark)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 04:42:31 pm »
Hi not sure what the warning is .what system you on . the 4 activation left is so you can activate  your software on 4 other computers

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 01:00:06 pm »
@masud the 4 activations left means (you have 5 activations as a whole), that you can activate the same product on 4 other different machines.

What this is with 'too many instances...' issue, I don't know, but I guess it's a kind of bug in the software. I have another problem on a Windows 7 machine, and I don't know what the problem is.

Have you already connected with Arturia Tech Support? If so, could you post their answer here?

masud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 03:20:23 pm »
Thanks guys for your help  :) I have contacted support, but still waiting. They have suggested deleting the sparks software and reinstalling it, but the instructions that they gave don't seem to make sense. I'm using a mac book pro 4GB ram and logic pro 9 on a Mavericks OSX 10.9 Also do you find that these synths demand quite a lot of power? I seem to have many problems such as distortion and freezing up on some synths.

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 03:58:15 pm »
Hi,
the Synths from the V-Collection are a bit different. So you speak of the Synths or Spark? I'm on Windows 7 64bit and use Studio One 2 as a DAW. What I've tested is V-Collection in standalone mode and as a VST in the DAW. My machine has got an Intel i7 4,0 GHz Cpu and 16GB RAM - I experienced no freezes so far.
As I cannot say anything about Mac environment, a few screenshots of the issues would help, also your configuration of the soundcard maybe.

I had an issue with Spark crashing when Kits are loading, now it seems gone, because I did a few things:
1. used another soundcard with their ASIO driver
2. deleted the .prefs files of the Spark Software
3. returned the Spark library to the default folder

The V-Collection was simply installed with the Arturia installer (automatic downloading of the whole collection and install).

Ok, and here two pictures of the Arturia V-Collection (2 Instruments of it) combined with Spark in the Studio One 2 DAW. I have to notice, that 4GB were used by the  OS System including Firefox Browser running, plus Virus Scanner.

The CPU usage didn't change and the RAM popped up from 4.5GB to 5.11GB (including the running DAW). So I would say, the resource needed for this is not much (ok, it's not a whole song, but so far it should work without any disturbance).

Like I said, a screenshot of your usage in ProTools would be fine.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:33:59 pm by ProhibitCrashes »

masud

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 03:39:52 pm »
Hi Just a quick questions for now How did you do the automatic install? I had to install every synth separately. I real pain. Thanks for you help. I will get back to you with the details later

ProhibitCrashes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 07:30:55 pm »
Hi, I've downloaded the file in 'MyAruria' account. As you can see in the attachment.
Then you will get an executable file. Start it, login with your account data and all will run auto.

rotund

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 04:27:59 am »
I just saw this error too. I just purchased the V Collection and have been putting the synths through some tests to make sure everything is running as it should. I started a new project in Nuendo 6.5.40 64bit and loaded Spark 2 up and made a beat. Then I loaded another instance and made a whole different beat. Then another and anoter. I had 4 instances working fine. I tried to load a 5th instance and I get this weird black box with red text saying too many instances of spark. I have attached a screen capture.

Windows 7 64bit
Gigabyte Z77x-ud5h (Rev 1.1)
On Board Intel HD4000 Graphics
12gb Ram
RME Raydat

Thanks for any info.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines