March 28, 2024, 08:56:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark 2.1.1 released  (Read 7999 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Spark 2.1.1 released
« on: September 14, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »
Hi all please check your ASC for the latest update.   ;)

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

d_enajetic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Spark 2.1.1 released
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:25:05 pm »
According to the update log, Spark 2 is now able to send MIDI to your DAW. I use Ableton and according to this page http://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/spark-midi-connections, I'm supposed to turn off the inputs and outputs so the controller can connect. The problem is, it can't send MIDI that way. But if I have an in or out on, it will send MIDI from a few pads, but the rest of the controller is non-responsive. So how is this fixed?

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 08:39:26 pm »
did you follow page 99 of the spark  manual for ableton setup

terrym
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:56:58 pm by terrym »
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

dustmoses

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 10:40:41 pm »
Where can I find the update log?

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 11:59:13 am »
I updated spark and it no longer recalls the kit preset or maps the samples within the cpr in cubase

Ie it doesnt recall any preset or mapping data within the cpr

So just a heads up to make sure you have a spefic kit saved for your project and dont rely on cubase to map the samples, or at least remember which kits its on

I dont know how this works with other DAW's but i would make sure you have a saved kit and a backup if its vital before update

I was lazy never really saved a kit to a project now i have a HD full of projects with unmapped samples

I not really annoyed kinda my fault for not having made kits but it could happen to others

Im using cubase artist 7.5 latest update

Here are the release notes which are on the website under downloads using the i tooltip

Spark 2 2.1.1 Release notes

New Features
•Step Shift and Repeat Shortcuts for SparkLE : Hold a Step and turn Divide knob to set Repeat or turn Move knob to set Shift.
•SparkLE shortcut: set Shuffle amount with Select + Tempo

Fixed Bugs
•Sequencer and pads would not send midi to DAW anymore
•Step automation on multiple steps would delete the trigs
•Insert FX parameters were not displayed in Sequencer automation list.
•Master channel Vu-meter was taken before the master FX
•Steps "17-32" and "33-65" were not properly displayed on the main page
•In Mixer panel, saving effects and multi output routings would not work
•If Spark was not installed in the default path and the AAX was not installed, the Arturia Software Center would not detect Spark as installed
•Mixer fader would jump when clicking on them
•Spark GUI was locked on the top left of the screen using Pro Tools 10.3
•Import/Export bank would not work
•Audio Exports get deleted when closing the plugin
•Destroyer resampler range corrupted with factory presets from Spark 1.5 and older
•5 instances of Spark in logic would create a very loud audio glitch
•Crash with multiple instances of Spark using projects with many Physical Model Instruments

mixalis

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:38 pm »
At last!   I even like the name of the update...Its not 2.2 its 2.1 still.......  Basically this was an update that needed to happen 7 months ago but better late than never!

Cheers.... ;)

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 06:51:28 pm »
Ok, Cubase 8.0.30 64 bits, Spark perfectly working until yesterday.
NOW, after upgrading the controller won't connect until when I don't open the spark plugin UI. Once it just connected as loading a track.
I've had also some problem with an old bank but I solved it.
Anyway the connection problem is quite annoying...mmhhh...I feel a bit disappointed :/
I would also like to see some more documentation about the new features.

Time for a quick update: Spark2 connects to SparkLE controller automatically ONLY IF the Spark UI is showing on one of my 2 screens when opening a project.
PLEASE FIX THIS, before this update it just connected automatically in background, now it doesn't anymore. This is a new bug.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:34:53 pm by daksha »

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 08:45:00 pm »
Ok, sadly, there is more.
Under Cubase 8.0.30 (64bit) the new Spark doesn't load the banks at all.
This Spark version seems to just remember the last manually loaded bank. You can load inside Cubase all the tracks you want, but spark will play the same bank.
Ok, now, Arturia, sorry but...BEFORE RELEASING THIS VERSION, DID YOU TRY IT???
This is seriously bad developed software.

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 10:59:47 pm »
Ok im putting a hold on working on any previous projects, as i believe spark had this bug before in a previous beta version but it was caught before release

"Ie the bug where it didnt read the cpr data and just reverted to the last kit used"

But it was fixed and old projects correctly open again in the release version

Obviously if you save a existing project with the current version of spark it will write over any previous cpr preset data

I guess in the future with new projects i should save the spark bank and the cubase fxb preset

If you need any prerelease version testing ben has my details

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 11:17:10 pm »
Yes, saving both does the job.
Sorry, which win version are you on?

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 12:06:41 am »
Yes, saving both does the job.
Sorry, which win version are you on?

Im using windows 7 pro latest updates

Sorry to hear your having more issues than i am

Apart from the preset/bank not recalling i havent found any other unknown issues

I didn't have the SparkLE connected at the time so I will connect it and  test that it connects without any issues on my system and post back my results,

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 12:28:26 am »
Yeah...thanks man, let me know...by now I downgraded to the old release and everything works again.
Well...hope we'll find a solution.   :-[

kickwizard

• My soundcloud
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 02:09:36 am »
Yeah...thanks man, let me know...by now I downgraded to the old release and everything works again.
Well...hope we'll find a solution.   :-[

Daksha i reread your post in the other thread and i didnt fully understand your connection issue 

Which is (correct me if im wrong) that spark doesnt connect until the GUI is opened in the recent update and it did previously

I can confirm this and it doesnt connect without opening the gui on Windows 7 pro cubase artist 7.5
so cubase version and windows version makes no difference

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:22:34 am by kickwizard »

NikalMight

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 06:15:02 am »
There seems to be a bug in song mode which was present in the earlier version too. I've set up 4 1 bar patterns in 4/4 in patterns A1-4. I've set up a song that goes A1 A2 A3 A4 A1 A2 A3 A4. The host and tempo buttons are switched on. I have set up an 8 bar loop section in Sonar. I press play. The song plays as expected. However, when Sonar loops and goes back to the beginning A1 plays twice, and the entire sequences is one bar out. The next time the loop returns to the start whatever pattern it's on plays twice, so every time it loops the sequence is one bar out of time. If I use 2 bar sequences instead, every time it loops round it's out by 2 bars per loop.

I tried to reproduce it in Reaper, but it behaves as expected, so this seems to be a Sonar-specific issue.

daksha

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 08:52:36 am »
Daksha i reread your post in the other thread and i didnt fully understand your connection issue 

Which is (correct me if im wrong) that spark doesnt connect until the GUI is opened in the recent update and it did previously

I can confirm this and it doesnt connect without opening the gui on Windows 7 pro cubase artist 7.5
so cubase version and windows version makes no difference

Yes man, you got it right: in Cubase the controller doesn't connect to Spark until when I show Spark GUI on my screen.
Previous versions always got connected, even if in background.
We both have replicated the same 2 bugs on 2 different Cubase version, on both Win 8.1 and 7.
So, Spark is the problem.

Hearing people saying "Win 8.1 is not supported" pisses me off even more and makes me feel joked.
From december 2014 until now, just one update, and it broke basic stuff like connecting or loading.
THIS IS A (bad) JOKE. I really think I'll switch to something more serious, and, most of all, seriously developed and tested.
Shure they didn't even test this with Cubase before releasing, 'cause connecting and loading a bank are the first 2 things you do :D :D :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:24:28 am by daksha »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines