March 28, 2024, 01:25:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Scaling the GUI to an appropriate size?  (Read 6206 times)

timg11

• Apprentice
Scaling the GUI to an appropriate size?
« on: September 07, 2015, 10:15:43 pm »
I just installed CS-80 V2. I have a high resolution screen, and the CS-80 GUI uses about 1/4 of my screen and the text is quite small. The windows doesn't scale with the normal "drag the corner" approach.  What is the procedure to expand the size of the CS-80 V2?   (I never had that problem with the physical CS-80)  ;)

Amalgamoth

Re: Scaling the GUI to an appropriate size?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 04:19:28 pm »
I can only tell you what to do in case you're working on a Mac.
Select the apple symbol in top left of screen, select system preferences, select screen options, then under resolution you should be able to choose scaled screen settings. In my case the best results for CS-80 are when choosing 1024x640.
In Windows you can also change your screen to those values. I hope this can be of some help for you.

For several years there have been requests for a bigger GUI, notably regarding the CS-80. Arturia knows this very well. But there is no indication that something will be done to address the matter.
Some people are waiting for the follow up to the Matrix and the Solina, but there is enough reason to look forward to further improvements of the current VST collection.

timg11

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 11:31:43 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion, but changing the global display resolution isn't a reasonable solution. With modern LCD displays, operating at a resolution other than native will cause artifacts.

Arturia, I hope you're listening. Surely the GUI is scalable, at least by an integer like 2X. Here's an analogy for the situation:

Customer:  I can't reach my gutters with this ladder I just bought from Arturia Lawn and Garden.
Arturia:  Well, you need to tear down your house, and rebuild it so the gutters are closer to the ground.

vanheckis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:57:19 am »
I can only tell you what to do in case you're working on a Mac.
Select the apple symbol in top left of screen, select system preferences, select screen options, then under resolution you should be able to choose scaled screen settings. In my case the best results for CS-80 are when choosing 1024x640.
In Windows you can also change your screen to those values. I hope this can be of some help for you.

For several years there have been requests for a bigger GUI, notably regarding the CS-80. Arturia knows this very well. But there is no indication that something will be done to address the matter.
Some people are waiting for the follow up to the Matrix and the Solina, but there is enough reason to look forward to further improvements of the current VST collection.

Another way to do it on an iMac is holding the CTRL key and use mouse scroll to zoom in. This will increase the entire desktop but it works faster then changing screen resolution settings and you can zoom out again the same way when done.

An even better method is to connect a 24 inch screen to yr iMac and use that one on a very low resolution to place yr VST GUI's on, while leaving the Mac itself to high res. This works quite well actually.

I wonder if the soon-to-be-released iPad Pro with its 13 inch touchscreen will give a new impulse to software devs to now make an iOS version of Moog Modular, CS80 etc ..

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:44:35 pm by vanheckis »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines