March 28, 2024, 10:07:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to get ground from MicroBrute for external device (e.g., Arduino)?  (Read 1798 times)

pzriddle

I'm interested in tinkering with computer control of an analog synth using an Arduino microcontroller and I'm thinking of getting a MicroBrute for that purpose.

To explain what I mean, here's a simple project in which an Arduino is used to control a Moog Werkstatt:

http://www.werkstattworkshop.com/?q=projects/lfo-rate-quantizer

My question: the Werkstatt projects all begin with opening the case and adding a connector to ground the Arduino. The Werkstatt is intended for that kind of mod so opening the case is no problem. How can I similarly ground the Arduino to a MicroBrute? If opening the case is not recommended. Is there a hack for somehow getting ground from the audio or VC jacks?

Thanks!

dougsko

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How to get ground from MicroBrute for external device (e.g., Arduino)?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 07:28:12 pm »
That article mentions that, "Ground can be pulled from any screw terminal".  You might want to try the same trick, just connecting ground to one of the screws that holds the case together.  But looking at the circuit diagram they provide makes me wonder if this is necessary at all.  You might be able to get away with skipping that connection all together on the MB.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines