November 25, 2020, 03:32:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)  (Read 29623 times)

gedman4b@yahoo.com

E-mu Emulator II
PPG Wave 2.3

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Gibson K-101 combo organ would enable players to emulate one of the premier late-1960's groups. The Doors used the Vox Connie only on the first album. All subsequent albums used the K-101
http://www.combo-organ.com/Gibson/index.htm
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:33:07 pm by ClydeLymanAgain »

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
There are no Ensoniqs. Some of the later ones, like the KT, let you create "sounds" out of multiple patches. The GEM Ensemble Arranger Keyboard did have a heavyweight synth that let you define the envelopes with more than 4 stages, maybe 8 and pull patches up to make sounds and still split/layer and use samples with which to do that. The small 61 note machine cost 3100 USD new

You could possibly re-do the Farfisas into a single emulator like you did the Vox; with the Mini-compact, Combo Compact, Compact Deluxe, Compact Duo, Fast 2, 3, 4 and 5 and the Professional and Professional Duo, wiich was a Professional strapped onto a Fast 4 or 5

oldguy_oldsynths

I would like to see an

- Ensoniq ESQ1 , if possible that I can transfer all my old ESQ1 patches from 1987 into it like with your DX7v,
- or ESQ1 / SQ80 combination

- Korg MaxiKorg 800v

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Unfortunately, nobody has done the heavyweight Ensoniq's really well. There is a VST SQ-80 but I don't know if it can do standalone.I think the SQ-80 (no relation to the sq-1 line) kind od included the esq. Rainer Buchty wanted someone to finish up the SQ-80 plug (I do not think it stores patches). In the process of hacking it, he also unearth a fourth audio oscillator

I got a pdf of the KT/KS Musicians' Manual. THAT was one coplex syntheisizer. Each "sound" appears to be made of a number of layered patches

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm3RBAZChrQ

Both Hollow Sun and Sonic Couture do this, but it is sample-based. SC's version deploys in two configurations: 1939 and 2039 This last is a full synth implementation. Based on what Arturia did withthe Vox Organ, I am sure they can have a few tricks "under the hood". Also both the HS and SC versions require a player that is rather expensive. I mean the "first polyphonic synth"? How vintage is that? and what would it sound like through a decent ensembler?

pafra

• Apprentice
I would love to see these as part of the Arturia V Collection:
ARP Quadra
Buchla 200e
ELKA Synthex
KORG PS3100 / PS3200 / PS3300
PPG Wave 2.3
Waldorf Wave

Nordenstern

Ensoniq TS-12  :-*
Ensoniq SD-1

Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha SY77
EMS Synthi 100

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
There's always an sf2/sfz player that is a standalone like Sforzando but with a UI like the old Cakewalk(?) version of the rcg unit that can use banks so that you can split/layer and let you use your own samples/sfz files (although if you have s synth control panel, you don't have to insert values into the parameters in the file sfz's can use WAV or MP3 samples for the audio

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines