March 19, 2024, 05:48:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)  (Read 44877 times)

everstones

• Apprentice
I'd love to see a separate VST for the Amp models with Guitar pedals so we can use them on all the synths instead of just the ones they are included with.

jackn2mpu

I'd love to see a separate VST for the Amp models with Guitar pedals so we can use them on all the synths instead of just the ones they are included with.
No thanks. There's WAY better 'guitar' pedal emulations out there. Amplitube being one. Let Arturia stick to what it does best.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

everstones

• Apprentice
No thanks. There's WAY better 'guitar' pedal emulations out there. Amplitube being one. Let Arturia stick to what it does best.

I guess they already almost have this ability in Analog Lab, but without the Amps, just the pedals.  All they'd need to do is add a spot for the amp.

jhbradley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Another vote for some of the more relevant KORG synths (MS-20, M1, Wavestation). Yes, I know about the KORG Legacy Collection; I own it. It's from 2004 and it really shows its age. The interfaces are too small to use on modern screens, preset browsing is very unpleasant, there's no extra layer of FX and tweaking beyond the hardware in the way that Arturia has done with their emulations. And it occasionally crashes and they're *never* going to update any of the code.

Also the 'KORG' Odyssey.

An OBXa would be nice. I own the excellent OP-X PRO II vst, but it also could benefit from the Arturia treatment for the same reasons as the KORG stuff: small unscalable UI, presets divided up into banks that can only be loaded one at a time, no extra FX or tweaking, etc.

Would also love a Roland D-50, but I assume Roland will never allow that they have a competing VST -- which I'll never get because of their rent-forever/never-actually-own model.

I know nothing about synths beyond the '90s... but I assume someone's done something interesting since then. Maybe the Nord Lead? I think people liked that at one time.

wavemechanic

Synton Syrinx

methodman3000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How about the Kawai K1 or K4 or K5 or K5000 All of these synths were marvelous but none have really been emulated.

jackn2mpu

Also the 'KORG' Odyssey.

I'd rather have the original ARP Odyssey. Actually they could combine the two the way they have the two versions of the Continental engine and have a switch to go between the versions.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Roland D50. But that won't ever happen considering Roland has their own D50 emulation through the Roland Cloud and so they almost certainly won't licence out the factory samples for Arturia to build an emulation around. But I utterly despise subscription-based software licencing and I refuse to subscribe.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

MarkBog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2019, 02:12:47 am »
How about a reverb pack?  Including the AMS RMX16.

eddietrooper

• Apprentice
Re: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2019, 05:38:51 pm »
Vocoder.
Roland JD-800.
Stage-73 V2.

cslevine

• Apprentice
Hello world of Arturia...
my vote is in a priority for the
- YAMAHA SY/TG77 or SY99 ( i guess that SY99 can read TG77 sys.ex patches )
i was trying many times to manually input by parameters, in NI FM7 / FM8 , some patches i am using in the TG77 but without success.
i am speaking of course about ONLY FM patches. Theorically, 6 FM op VS 6 FM op... but parameters never react the same.

16 MIDI channel multitimbral 1: NEVER DONE by Arturia VSTi emulation, so maybe a challenge for the GUI ? )

- Second synth should be a very rare FM from Elka, the Elka 44.
2x8 FM oscillators, 9 poliphony voices, multitimbral 8 MIDI channel ?

- Roland D-50.
i guess the problem from ROLAND because of their own emulation,
but their web vaporware cloud connected bidule and some weired strange annual subscribtion to make the VSTi working
doesn't inspire any trust from any musicien.
A musical instrument has NEVER to deal with some web connection to work. This is a future obsolescence.

A main goal to have VSTi is to have THE sound for far future in time, even if there is no more web site of the manufacturer.
So i resume :

-YAMAHA SY/TG77 or SY99
-ELKA 44
-ROLAND D-50

( for the story :
i owned a ROLAND MT32, and when i found the VST "MuntVSTi", this is the exact emulation of the real Roland MT32, with all it's behaviour, volatile RAM, 8 volatile memory pathces and so on, internal reverb... Exactly the same thing... in some so little vst DLL ! ... without the background noise !
Remixed all my compo using the MT32.
i NEED have one day, the same story with so used and inspiring Yamaha TG77 ....
)

jhbradley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
PPG Wave 2.3

E-mu Emulator II or III

Kurzweil K2000 or K2500

piet

PPG Wave 2.3 with Waveterm
Kawai K 5000 s or W
Waldorf Microwave or Wave

simon194

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Not a synth but a VST plugin effect unit maybe.

The legendary Marshall Time Modulator created by Steve Marshall (Steve St. Croix). There used to be one marketed by Intelligent Devices years ago which I think emulated the model 5002 and 5402 but it is no longer available.

dan lava

• Apprentice
Hy Arturia- Team

please release following Synthesizers for the next vc

RMI Harmonic Synthesizer, Quasimidi Polymorph, Elka Synthex, Roland JD800

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines