March 19, 2024, 03:43:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)  (Read 44874 times)

seanwayland

rhodes chroma
matrix 6

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Juno 106.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

tmpc

Rhodes Chroma.  I have two of them, but they aren't working.  :-[

One of the things that made the Chroma unique was that you could Ring Modulate the pulse outputs of the two VCOs (they used an EXOR logic gate).  This made some really interesting sounds; lots of bite.

dnash

probably not worth the effort, but as a diehard genesis/rush/prog fan, moog taurus pedals and an arp soloist would make me a VERY happy girl :-)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Actually, there are some Taurus presets in the Mini Moog that are pretty spot on.
I can share some actual presets when I get home.  I've got a couple that I have tweaked to get into that "Tom Sawyer" growl & some of the stock RUSH Taurus Pedal presets.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

fenderchris

• Apprentice
Roland D50
Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

methodman3000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
It would be good to do a version of Yamaha TG33, or Kawai K1 or K4 or a Kawai K3 with Korg Dw8000 envelopes.  A hybrid machine that could both play the waveforms but the DW8000 envelopes are much more flexible and the timing of the envelopes on the K3 aren't even a quarter of the flexibility of the Dw8000 even though the K3 has more waveforms

Karlos

• Apprentice
Too soon for a Moog One?
Great option for a VST AAX as it is well beyond the average musician's price range.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
I want a hardware midi bass pedal!

jackn2mpu

I want a hardware midi bass pedal!
You're talking about a physical MIDI controller for the bass like a Taurus but without the sound module right? Take a look at these? https://www.sweetwater.com/c513--Organ_Pedalboard_MIDI_Controllers

BTW Geddy hasn't been using the Moog Taurus module for the last few tours Rush did before they hung it up. He's been using a pedal controller as has Alex had in his pedal rig. The only real Moog synth was the Little Phatty in his stage setup.

What would I like to see:
Crumar String Machine
Rhodes Piano Bass
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:56:38 pm by jackn2mpu »
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Alex has been using a discontinued Korg Midi Bass Pedal for years, and Geddy something similar as the old Moog pedals required a great deal of maintenance.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
I like the fact that the Crumar has both USB and Midi, so that I could use the device with my ipad to trigger sounds from the iMini & iSem.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
OBXa
Juno 106
Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

jackn2mpu

I like the fact that the Crumar has both USB and Midi, so that I could use the device with my ipad to trigger sounds from the iMini & iSem.
I didn't know the company was still in business. The machine I'm talking about is decades old and probably older than many people on this forum  ;) And no MIDI or USB neither of which existed back then.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
I've had Roland PK5's in the past, but them and the later PK6's have all been discontinued.
This Crumar seems like a good simple alternative.
The Kieth McMillian 12 step is a nice compact, viable option as well.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines