August 23, 2019, 05:20:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)  (Read 14391 times)

Amalgamoth

There already are VST emulations for the

MS-20 as well as the Wavestation by KORG.

They're in the KORG Collection right there with VSTs for the

M1 and also the ARP Odyssey.

I would be a bit unnescessary if Arturia would re-invent the wheel again IMHO

(The Polymoog has also already been emulated by Memorymoon,

and the VCS3 has already been done by XILS, quite a while back)

andyjh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I would really like a Roland D50 emulation, but that would have to include the effects of the D50 as they are part of the sound

seanwayland

rhodes chroma
matrix 6

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Juno 106.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

tmpc

Rhodes Chroma.  I have two of them, but they aren't working.  :-[

One of the things that made the Chroma unique was that you could Ring Modulate the pulse outputs of the two VCOs (they used an EXOR logic gate).  This made some really interesting sounds; lots of bite.

dnash

probably not worth the effort, but as a diehard genesis/rush/prog fan, moog taurus pedals and an arp soloist would make me a VERY happy girl :-)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Actually, there are some Taurus presets in the Mini Moog that are pretty spot on.
I can share some actual presets when I get home.  I've got a couple that I have tweaked to get into that "Tom Sawyer" growl & some of the stock RUSH Taurus Pedal presets.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

fenderchris

• Apprentice
Roland D50
Windows-10 64-bit, 24gb ram, Nuendo 8.1.10, V6 Collection, Pigments.

methodman3000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
It would be good to do a version of Yamaha TG33, or Kawai K1 or K4 or a Kawai K3 with Korg Dw8000 envelopes.  A hybrid machine that could both play the waveforms but the DW8000 envelopes are much more flexible and the timing of the envelopes on the K3 aren't even a quarter of the flexibility of the Dw8000 even though the K3 has more waveforms

Karlos

• Apprentice
Too soon for a Moog One?
Great option for a VST AAX as it is well beyond the average musician's price range.

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I've suggested the Moog Opus 3. Well, I'm not the only one who thinks it's the cat's knees, or is that the bee's pajamas

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=automatic+gainsay+opus+3

I've commented heavily on the videos. He hasn't got half of what this thing can do

I have PDF's of both the owner's and service manual. The latter would be useful to model it's synthesis method. To whom do I send them? Let me say, the user guide only scratches the surface about what it can do, but it does point you in several directions. The "chorus" is not really a chorus but some kind of phaser so that when you use it on "slow" it does not sound like a real chorus. Also the Opus 3 keyboard is a 16' rather than the usual 8' so a 61note KB oran Octave up switch would be a good idea, or a switch that gives you a +1 octave that can be run by itself or mixed wiht the noraml Opus 3 octave. What about adding the 5-1/3', 2-2/3' and 1-1/3 registers and a mono mode might do some good

Knowing what I do about Arturia, I expect to see some cute mods. like full 16', 8' and 4" availability of the sawtooth which would enable the "strings" to be used as organ "string" stops (highpass filter mode, CF about 40% down from the top and EMPH at about 60%,) at 3 footages and likewise the "brass" as organ brass or horn stops at 3 fottages, and a fully polyphonic mode like with the Solina V. Maybe set the Organ "tone" filter as a multimode resonant filter

I think the Kontakt version is a sample playback instrument
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 07:47:07 am by ClydeLymanAgain »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
I want a hardware midi bass pedal!

jackn2mpu

I want a hardware midi bass pedal!
You're talking about a physical MIDI controller for the bass like a Taurus but without the sound module right? Take a look at these? https://www.sweetwater.com/c513--Organ_Pedalboard_MIDI_Controllers

BTW Geddy hasn't been using the Moog Taurus module for the last few tours Rush did before they hung it up. He's been using a pedal controller as has Alex had in his pedal rig. The only real Moog synth was the Little Phatty in his stage setup.

What would I like to see:
Crumar String Machine
Rhodes Piano Bass
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:56:38 pm by jackn2mpu »
de N2MPU Jack FN20
Proud NRA Life member

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Alex has been using a discontinued Korg Midi Bass Pedal for years, and Geddy something similar as the old Moog pedals required a great deal of maintenance.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
I like the fact that the Crumar has both USB and Midi, so that I could use the device with my ipad to trigger sounds from the iMini & iSem.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines