March 19, 2024, 09:10:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)  (Read 44880 times)

ClydeLyman

Re: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next.....?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 06:42:34 pm »
I agree that there are enough synthesizers and plenty of emulations. Why not step out of that world and into the world of original instruments? Look at what the Brute series is doing in the hardware world. How about a full-bore Combo Organ that is not a take on one of the hardware models? or a real heavy duty Opus 3/Prelude/Symphonic Keyboard type. I have here some material of my own that arose from discussions in the Yahoo Groups ComboOrgan and some of my own ideas.

Ideas you may wish to develop. The first two came from and were part of, discussions on my Yahoo combo organ group, My nickname being "Laser". These referenced physical instruments we'd like to see and were under the titla FABULOUS FAKES AND FANTASIES

http://firststringers.spacepatrol.us/lasercombo.html

This was a comment on the combo scene fro c1967-72 and how everone was after the big monster

http://firststringers.spacepatrol.us/bugs.html

Now for the "Fabulous Fake", the idea here was to create a fake instrument (combo organ, following int footsteps of Barry Carson's "prototype Vox" that blew us all away) and a story to go with it. This was mine

http://firststringers.spacepatrol.us/elka.html

My latest illustration of ideas. This was aimed at the virtual instrument genre

http://mediazilla.spacepatrol.us/ultra%2067.html

I offer these to Arturia to develop the ideas into non-imitating instruments since I think that they do it the best. My Facebook notes have some comments on string synthesizers

https://www.facebook.com/notes/clyde-lyman/music-notes-on-string-ensemble-keyboards-real-and-virtual/893058594122285

The designs are from different timeframes and different discussions.You can mix them up, use the 67 ultra Gold, which was designed according to the prevalent ideas of 1966-9, as the combo of choice for the 7-octave split keyboard on the Lazer Combo. and integrate that into the "Lazer Duo" as the organ section. Also, since the first set of instruments, the purple and pink ones and the "Bugs" were made after hardware units and had the controls over on the left for user convenience IRL, You can move them to cover the entire non-keyboard body for virtual ones since hand convenience does not matter in virtuo
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 01:13:54 pm by ClydeLyman »

jackn2mpu

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:52 pm »
After the success of the Vox I would love Arturia to tackle the Hammond organ. If they did it to the same standard I think it would be awesome.

A good Hammond emulation, 64 bit on Mac, is really missing.
Got a B3 emulation in V Collection 5 but it's one of the worst out there. If you want a really good B3 emulation take a look at Acoustic Samples B5. And for those that have the Arturia emulation ditch the emulated Leslie and get the one from PSP called L'Otary. Heck even the Vintage Organs Hammond that runs in Kontakt is better than the Arturia version.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

corum_beasley

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 03:13:48 pm »
For me, the one i would love to see is the arp2500, its a dream machine. Or a Buchla synth with Modal Synthesis, for example.

biggator

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 02:52:19 am »
PPG Wave

jeffbart

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 01:17:36 am »
Rhodes Chroma and Roland D50
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

stevecapps

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 02:33:47 am »
Yes, I want a Juno 106.  I have tried various VST instuments on the Roland Cloud - but they don't seem to work well on my equipment.  No matter what driver I choose, no matter what buffer settings, etc. I always seem to get clicks and dropouts.  With Arturia VST's, no problem.  I would love to have an Arutiria Juno 106!

dukimusic

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 11:28:15 pm »
ROLAND JV1080
ROLAND JD800/ROLAND JD990
ROLAND D50
ROLAND V-Synth
ROLAND SH-201
Access Virus
ENSONIC ESQ-1
YAMAHA AN1X

terrablue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2017, 02:27:44 pm »
ROLAND JV1080
ROLAND JD800/ROLAND JD990
ROLAND D50
ROLAND V-Synth
ROLAND SH-201
Access Virus
ENSONIC ESQ-1
YAMAHA AN1X

Roland emulations will only be available in the future via the Roland-Cloud. The D-50 is already there and the JD-800 will follow soon.

terrablue

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 02:29:29 pm »
After the DX-7 an SY-99 emulation would be nice.

Edouard_Arturia

• Product Manager
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:07 am »
Hey Guys.

Good to see you letting us see your wishes.
Maybe we could start a new poll with let's say, 3 votes per user, this could be easier to summarise your inputs as the former topic "What's next" is from 2004...

Just saying  ;D

Merry christmas to everyone.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:40:55 am by Edouard_Arturia »
DGDGDGDGDG

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Removed my post as the thread I was participating was merged with this, but it was about hardware synths and wasn't about emulations, although every poster but the original posted what emulation they'd like......I'd like to see a new hardware synth out of Arturia, as I'm sure some many others do, but it would seem the forum doesn't.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

ClydeLyman

To celebrate the alliance of Arturia and the Moog Foundation. Something completely different

1. The already mentioned Memorymoog: A rather straightforward, no surprises synthesizer (at least until you guys get through with "under the hood")
2. the Satellite or it's grownup version; the 2-oscillator Minitmoog: In it's time, it was a cute little bugger, the synth equivalent of the combo organ similar to the ARP Pro-Soloist and Roland SH-2000
3. Moog liberation. A decent monosynth strapped onto an organ style squarewave generator. It's junior edition, the MG-1 I have used and when you set the poly squarewave with the rung mod and the two oscillators in unison the sound is thick as a brick. The only thing I could see doing with that would be PW Mod and for the poly section add the sawtooth wave with a switch for square-both-saw then you would have something like the Treble section of the Hammond s100 chord organ
4. Polymoog: with 4 outs that you can send in different directions, who knows what you can do with that. And with 3 state variable resonant filters in different octaves (that were used to "balance" the KB) that was fun. The only things I would do with that was, since it was a top-of-the-line instrument would be to add a triangle and its LFO and make all the oscillators full 16', 8', 4' range and maybe have those ranges available all at once
5. Opus 3: A multi-channel KB that could be used as 3 separate "instruments" or in a coordinated fashion to generate 1 such as a decent piano. The only thing I found wrong with it was that it did not have an octave switch so you were stuck with the bottom 4 octaves. Some additions would be to make the Organ filter variable state resonant, apply the Strings filter to the organ when in the Strings mix, for the organ, a slider that mixes from square to sine wave and the odd harmonics, all three Brass octaves available at once, a 3rd strings footage (16') a paraphonic/polyphonic switch like you put on the Solina would be good, too. You could probably put these "under the hood" or straight up and re-badge it Arturia-Moog just as the MG-1 was "Realistic-Moog". I doubt you could control thiis or the Poly from even the KeyLab 88 and might have to control via a touchscreen

Actually, you could probably put these instruments in an "Arturia-Moog" package. THAT would set the world on fire, having further developments of the rather exotic Moog instruments. I bet Moog Foundation would go for that, having "new" instruments  as v 2.0 of some of their classics

ClydeLyman

Best of all an SFZ player similar to the rgcaudio used by Cakewalk,which is said to be able to have infinitel layering

Here's the bit with that. SFZis a kind of soundfont. New, the ordinary SoundFont SF2 reads a file that has the parameters and their values AND the samples in the same file. The SFZ player uses a file that has the parameters, and the Cakewalk sfz+ had a skin that would let you adjust the parameters, and the samples are kept elsewhere, in a sample foulder, The sfz file tells the player, which is shown where the samples are,what samples to use and maps them. They can also be user-written in a text file. The parameter names are synth terms such as "ampeg" and can be writtine either in a tex file then Renamed .sfz or using SFZedit. This means that any number of sfz "instruments" can use the same set of samples and that the SFZ player can use any of the samples in the folder. The infinite layering makes possible a situation where your samples can be organ  stops (Flute 16 Brass 16'. oboe 8', Flute 4' string 4', reed 4'...etc) and you can just keep on going. Also, as ARIA and Plogue are showing, you can skin the same SFZ player in different ways, including a drum machine

Now, here's where Arturia fits in the scheme, can you imagine a STANDALONE SFZ player that can be skinned to do as you wish, an organ, a string machine, a synth, a ...? You could have an infinite library of play files and samples. While high quality WAV files are best, it can play ogg and mp3 files of good quality since these files can be user-written with a very shallow learning curve. There would probably be a brisk business in files, skins and samples. Generallyspeaking, you want your sampes to be C(n) and F#(n) for each octave

Lugia

• Apprentice
Welllll...lessee...

Memorymoog+. Absolutely. Given how breakable the original hardware ones were, with the Autotune failure issue and myriad other problems, this would provide a RELIABLE version that never exactly existed.

Korg PS3300. The poly-monster patchable. Rare as hell, and therefore just about unobtainable.

Something based on the Bell Labs/Alles engine. Crumar GDS, Synergy, etc.

This might sound silly, but a CZ-series Casio, provided that the awful programming interface was majorly assisted by loads of 'under the hood' abilities, extra (or user-definable) waveforms, etc. Even crazier would be an emulation of the original 'CZ', the prototype Cosmo that was developed in conjunction with Dr. Isao Tomita.

ARP 2500. I'll toss my vote in for this one as well.

Same goes for a Buchla...in this case, a 200-series Electric Music Box (large-scale!) circa late 1970s, maybe with one or two replications of some of the 200e modules tossed in.

...and lastly, one for the steampunks: an emulation of the original Cahill Telharmonium. Yeah, let's wind the clock ALL the way back! Given that all of the diagrams for this were listed in Thaddeus Cahill's patents for the instrument back around the turn of the last century, modeling it should be relatively easy as long as the weird behavior of the tone-mixing coils and dynamo-based oscillators could be factored in. Yes, I know that this _presumably_ begat the Hammond organ; I would argue, though, that given the voltage levels, various nonlinearities and so forth (which would have to be coded for), this thing probably sounded not a whole helluva lot like a Hammond. Plus, the controller would have to be contended with, as the original had quarter-tone capabilities which may or may not be doable in a typical MIDI environment without a special controller. We have the emulation of the 'end-all' synth (Synclavier), so why not the 'be-all'?

LBH

Alesis Andromeda A6 - Analog Synth from this century. This could be great to have.

A few additional suggestions that might be availble to emulate to get some sounds that expand V-Collections sound palette for more musical genrers.  - Yes they are digital.

Ensoniq Fizmo and TS.
perhaps - Technics WSA1.
Perhaps - Hartmann Neuron even if that has been tried before.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:38:42 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines