March 19, 2024, 09:56:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)  (Read 44881 times)

little birds

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
My votes...
Roland sh-5/7/RS-505
Buchla
Serge

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:44:58 am by Edouard_Arturia »

LBH

Re: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next.....?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:04:17 pm »

My votes in priority:

!. Roland Super JX-10 with PG-800 - Currently there is no soft synth that sound like this at all. So smooth.
2. Roland VP-330/ SVC-350 - Especially the vocoder part is'nt to find as soft synth.
3. Roland SH-1000 - A little innovative simple synth with unique sound.

All 3 is a good package.

Amalgamoth

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 11:17:37 pm »
None! Just further improvements of the existing synths. There are already too many synths out there, most being average at best. What makes a really good emu is one that has a long record of debugging, next to upgrades with parameters that are even closer matches with those on the original synths. As technology advances, so can virtual synths.
It seems logical to me that a Moog Modular VST as of 2015 should be (even) more accurate than one of 2003. If PC games and computer operating systems can look better after 12 years, then so should VSTs look (and sound) better.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:03:16 pm »
I do agree that the present synths in the V-collection should be debugged and improoved etc... I think/ hope Arturia will do so. I believe that would be good for busisness.

I also agree that there are to many soft synths on the market that actually sound the same and most rather hard, cold and sterile sounding. That's why so many talk about analog sound even if that's not the issue.
But some sounds you do not find among soft synths yet. Like for instance some sounds from a true sounding Roland Super JX-10.

I too don't need more synths that sound like any other synth. But new different or better sounding soft synths is wellcome including refined older synths.

New synths that actually really broaden the sound palette of soft synths and sound different from others should not mean the older synths don't get improoved. In fact it would be nice and good if the old synths in the V-collection got further improoved, debugged, polished, refined and further developed in every aspect like sound, features, workflow including preset management, GUI, scaling etc...
I actually think Arturia could do much better in the competition if they did this. But a business also need new additions. The more the new addition broaden the sound palette the better. And the unique sounds of each synths should in my oppinion be in focus unless it's a single whole new hybrid synth that can do it all.

ailsathedog

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:28:45 pm »
After the success of the Vox I would love Arturia to tackle the Hammond organ. If they did it to the same standard I think it would be awesome.

boulifb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 04:32:30 pm »
An emulation of the Eminent 310U.... Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!
There is no spoon.

waltercruz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 04:43:44 am »
After the success of the Vox I would love Arturia to tackle the Hammond organ. If they did it to the same standard I think it would be awesome.

A good Hammond emulation, 64 bit on Mac, is really missing.

elroachy

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 08:29:23 pm »

I'm way late to the conversation but my vote goes for the following:

EMS Synthi 100

Moog Memorymoog

Studio Electronics Omega 8

Waldorf Q

channel0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • people who play live life to the fullest
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 09:21:28 pm »
Microbrute, Minibrute and Matrixbrute, because they can ;D
Arturia Laboratory 61 AE, V-collection 6, Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, Drumbrute, Bitwig2.1, windows 10

jeffbart

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 11:59:44 am »
Rhodes Chroma. It's perfectly suited to a plugin, everything was patched using a parameter value.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 03:46:17 pm »
1 octave midi bass pedal, ala "Low-Lab".

Just a simple, stripped down version of a Keylab controller, in a one octave midi bass pedal form akin to a Roland PK-5 or PK-6, with ability to foot select scenes or sounds, and scroll through presets in a live set.  Add bus powering through a USB connection, and you're good to go.

I'm holding out on this dream, rather than defaulting back to using the Roland units like I've used in the past.

From there could hook up my laptop, or iPad, and have a bevy of all of my recorded sounds ready to trigger with my feet.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

channel0

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • people who play live life to the fullest
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 08:38:51 pm »
EMS VCS-3
Moog Prodigy and The Rogue
Arturia Laboratory 61 AE, V-collection 6, Beatstep, Beatstep Pro, Drumbrute, Bitwig2.1, windows 10

Amalgamoth

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 11:30:13 pm »
EMS VCS-3
Moog Prodigy and The Rogue

A VCS-3 ? What's wrong with the Xils 3 then? Xils already did a VCS-3 emu.

jeffbart

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 02:38:32 am »
considering you have so many components already, why not think about doing something similar to Softtube's 'Modular'? you could re-release individual elements e.g. Moog oscillators, SEM sweepable filter etc and let the user purchase/configure a virtual rack how they wished.

Cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Freline

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 10:18:48 pm »
I want Arturia to tackle the Oberheim OB-X series (OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8), as well as the Roland Juno series (Juno 60 and 106).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines