October 22, 2020, 06:02:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What synths/keyboards would you guys like to see emulated next ? (After VC6)  (Read 28392 times)

gedman4b@yahoo.com

E-mu Emulator II
PPG Wave 2.3

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Gibson K-101 combo organ would enable players to emulate one of the premier late-1960's groups. The Doors used the Vox Connie only on the first album. All subsequent albums used the K-101
http://www.combo-organ.com/Gibson/index.htm
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 03:33:07 pm by ClydeLymanAgain »

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
There are no Ensoniqs. Some of the later ones, like the KT, let you create "sounds" out of multiple patches. The GEM Ensemble Arranger Keyboard did have a heavyweight synth that let you define the envelopes with more than 4 stages, maybe 8 and pull patches up to make sounds and still split/layer and use samples with which to do that. The small 61 note machine cost 3100 USD new

You could possibly re-do the Farfisas into a single emulator like you did the Vox; with the Mini-compact, Combo Compact, Compact Deluxe, Compact Duo, Fast 2, 3, 4 and 5 and the Professional and Professional Duo, wiich was a Professional strapped onto a Fast 4 or 5

oldguy_oldsynths

I would like to see an

- Ensoniq ESQ1 , if possible that I can transfer all my old ESQ1 patches from 1987 into it like with your DX7v,
- or ESQ1 / SQ80 combination

- Korg MaxiKorg 800v

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Unfortunately, nobody has done the heavyweight Ensoniq's really well. There is a VST SQ-80 but I don't know if it can do standalone.I think the SQ-80 (no relation to the sq-1 line) kind od included the esq. Rainer Buchty wanted someone to finish up the SQ-80 plug (I do not think it stores patches). In the process of hacking it, he also unearth a fourth audio oscillator

I got a pdf of the KT/KS Musicians' Manual. THAT was one coplex syntheisizer. Each "sound" appears to be made of a number of layered patches

ClydeLymanAgain

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm3RBAZChrQ

Both Hollow Sun and Sonic Couture do this, but it is sample-based. SC's version deploys in two configurations: 1939 and 2039 This last is a full synth implementation. Based on what Arturia did withthe Vox Organ, I am sure they can have a few tricks "under the hood". Also both the HS and SC versions require a player that is rather expensive. I mean the "first polyphonic synth"? How vintage is that? and what would it sound like through a decent ensembler?

pafra

I would love to see these as part of the Arturia V Collection:
ARP Quadra
Buchla 200e
ELKA Synthex
KORG PS3100 / PS3200 / PS3300
PPG Wave 2.3
Waldorf Wave

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines